Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: possible lynx point siamese?

possible lynx point siamese?

I think our two young cats may be considered 'lynx point' siamese. I can't figure out how to attach a photo of them. Can someone help out? I know that I need to hit the yellow 'button' that looks like a mountain and sun, but then what?
    Thanks!

Hi,
    I am a Lynx Point Siamese lover, and I own one (or rather she "owns" me). Anyways, this is how to attach documents; I only know how to attach them, not put them in the message. Go to "Manage Attachments," and then browse for your pictures. Next, upload them. Then they should be ready to go! I've attached a picture of my Lynx Point Siamese, Nellie. She is 4 years old. I can't wait to see the pictures of your kitties! I really love Lynx Point Siamese.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NELLIE~1_edited.JPG 
Views:	5745 
Size:	605.2 KB 
ID:	37759   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Padres Game, James' funny faces, Kitties, and More 072.jpg 
Views:	4906 
Size:	767.6 KB 
ID:	37760  

still puzzled

Arg! I still can't figure it out! Where do I find 'manage attachments'?

Welcome to PT. When you click on the post button keep scrolling down until you get to additional options. The 4th item listed is manage attachments. Just click on this button and then you can upload attachment pictures. Good luck.

I also have a lynx point siamese mix. Her name is Pearl and she's 2 years old. Here are a couple of pictures of her.

I am the biggest idiot ever. I can't figure out what you mean by the 'post button'. When I click on the 'insert image' button (the yellow square one with the mountain) I get a script prompt. thats it.

Posting pictures

Method 1: If the picture is already on the Internet somewhere, you can use the "Yellow icon with mountains". When the box comes up that says

"Enter the text to be formatted
    [IMG]xxx[/IMG]"

you type the url of the picture in. A URL is a web address, it has to start with http:// and end with ".jpg" People use this method to post pictures from Imagestation, or Photobucket sites they have set up ...

Method #2: If the picture is just on your computer, you have to use the "attachment" feature. Just below the dialog box where you type your message, there is a section called "Additional Options." The second option is called "Attach Files." Hit that button, then a window called "Manage Attachments" comes up. You then hit one of the "Choose File" buttons, and show it where the image you want to use is located. Once you have chosen the file, hit the button in the lower right corner of that box that is labeled "Upload." Once you have done that, you can hit the "Close this Window" button, and post your message, and your pictures will appear at the bottom of your message.

Ok, I have given up. You will just have to take my word for it- they are the most beautiful cats in the world (or, at least the most beautiful cats in our house . Also, they are the only cats in our house)

In the 'additional options' box on MY screen my only options are
    1) automatically parse links in text (??)
    2) disable smilies in text
    3) choose the subscription notification type.

I've concluded that I'm NOT a complete idiot, I'm just not getting the same info on my screen as everyone else (!?!?)

Quote Originally Posted by ajstay
    Ok, I have given up. You will just have to take my word for it- they are the most beautiful cats in the world (or, at least the most beautiful cats in our house . Also, they are the only cats in our house)

In the 'additional options' box on MY screen my only options are
    1) automatically parse links in text (??)
    2) disable smilies in text
    3) choose the subscription notification type.

I've concluded that I'm NOT a complete idiot, I'm just not getting the same info on my screen as everyone else (!?!?)
    Is further down the screen from the box where you type the text to post?

You should see this....

Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Ok, Now I've got it- I think that my account wasn't validated, because I just got another e-mail from pettalk.com and now my 'additional options' box is letting me attach photos!

This is Luna and Soleil. They are about 8 months old. They were born to a tiger female and a black male- both parents were strays (I got them thru a shelter, but they were being cared for in someone's home). There was a third lynx point in their litter along with a tiger and a gray. The three lynx points were born white. Soleil's eyes are blue, Luna's irises are blue in the center, yellow around the outside. Neither of them have the siamese body type. Do these guys actually qualify as siamese, even though they obviously weren't purely bred?

I've attached a photo- lets see if it works!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

WOW!!! Thye are just gorgeous!!! Great pics!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

They're goregous and yes they're lynx point siamese mixes just like my Pearl. When Pearl was a kitten she was very light in color and then the older she got the darker she got. They may also become a bit darker as they age.

Here's what Pearl looked like as a kitten.

I can see how Pearl has gotten darker. Here are a few of my favorite kitten photos....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blanket 1.jpg 
Views:	902 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	37802   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kittens 047.jpg 
Views:	821 
Size:	570.6 KB 
ID:	37803   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kittens 055.jpg 
Views:	951 
Size:	674.4 KB 
ID:	37804   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	box 2.jpg 
Views:	772 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	37805   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	red pillow 1.jpg 
Views:	831 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	37806  

How beautiful your kitties are, astjay! Yes, indeed, they are Lynx Point Siamese mixes! What beauties they are; you should send them in for Cat of The Day together! Thanks for sharing photos of them! I loved their kitten photos, too! Keep the photos of them coming in the future!

Gorgeous babies!
    Yep, Lynx Point Siamese mixes. Siamese tend to have shorter fur than these two, but their points are well defined.
    Stunning, unusual eye color too.