Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: possible lynx point siamese?

She was in the shelter for months?!! Wow! She is one of the most beautiful cats I have ever seen! Give that little sweetheart loves for me, will you please?

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz
    Pearl and Ziggy Stardust were dumped in an Arizona feral park during the summer in 100 degree+ weather.
    I can't believe Pearl and Ziggy were dumped like that. I will never, ever understand someone who could just abandon an animal. I think every one of my family's pets have been strays except for one. It was a dog named Buckley and he was a purebred hunting dog. We ended up having to give him away because he had more energy than our family (and household possessions) could handle, but we took the necessary time to find him a good, loving home.

I just wish people would learn that animals aren't like boxes of cereal. You can't just grab them when you feel like it then throw them out when you're done. It doesn't matter what background an animal has experienced, they are all capable of being the perfect pet if just provided with love and security. It's amazing how quickly they can forget all of the bad things if just given a chance with a family who will care for him/her.

I feel very strongly about spaying and neutering pets to prevent overpopulation and limit the number of animals abandoned, but I wont get into that now... I'm pretty sure the post would be far, far, far too long.

Anyway, I'm really glad all of your animals found their way into your open arms. One of my wishes is that every animal I see at the shelter will find his or her way into a loving home. Even though I know this is very unlikely, I still hope for it whenever I think about them.

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties
    His sister had already been adopted, I don't know why they didn't take him too. Oh well, their loss, my gain, LOL.
    So true! He was meant to be with you, that's why he didn't get adopted at the same time!

Now, I don't necessarily believe in fate, but I think that animals have a way of finding US rather than us finding THEM. Patch was a stray and Jolie was a shelter cat, and I wasn't expecting either one of them to come into my life when they did. I had been looking at adopting a dog when Jolie picked me! Actually, come to think of it, that's the same thing that happened with Patch. I had been wanting to get a Maltese puppy then Patch came running into my life and it was a done deal.

Also...

My dad found a cat on the side of the road almost 13 years ago. All my dad could see was a pair of ears sticking above the grass. He couldn't understand why a cat would be sitting by the road like that so he turned around to see if he was ok. When my dad realized the cat wasn't running away as he approached, he knew something had happened. He expected to see blood as he got closer, but didn't see anything. The cat just looked up at him with these amazing blue eyes. So, my dad grabbed a jacket from the car and gently picked the cat up, put him in the car, and drove him to the nearest vet.

The vet took him into surgery to determine the extent of the damage. Apparently he had been trying to run across the road and a car ran over his tail. The force of it crushed the bones in his tail and pulled his hip out of socket. He had been sitting on the side of the road all day and my dad was the first person to see him. He was dehydrated and badly hurt.

The surgery removed his tail and put his hip back in place. They kept him at the vet and searched for two months to find the owner, but no one came forward. Turns out, that was the best thing that could have happened. My mom fell completely head over heels for him. I tried to name him "Lucky" but the name didn't stick. Instead he's "Not-so-Itty-Bitty-Bubba-Kitty" or just "Bubba" for short. He is completely neurotic, but he's a HUGE member of our family, and I don't know where we would have been the past 13 years without him! And yes, he's been referred to as my brother before! sigh...

So yeah, I think that we were meant for our pets just as much as they were meant for us. Toby and Havoc were meant to be a part of your family and I'm certain they will always know that picking you was the best decision of their entire lives!

- Eliae

p.s. Sorry that was so long-winded and pretty much the farthest stretch from the actual TOPIC we're in, this is just what popped into my head, lol.

Mine too?

Hello all! I have been searching online for the answer to what kind of kitten i rescued, and my search brought me here. I am wondering if my kitten could possibly also be a possible lynx point siamese?

This is my little guy, Neko.

I tried to get some good shots of his markings. His ears are a solid gray/brown. Thanks in advance for any help!

What a CUTIE!!

Looks like a Lynx Point to me - are those eyes blue? I can't really tell the color.

In any case - WELCOME, NEKO! ...and welcome to your rescuer, too!

Thank you!! They started out as blue (I think thats most kittens though?), now they are a muted blue green. He is wonderful to have, as my husband is in the Army and right now gone everyday from 4pm to 3am! He is incredibly clingy however, and when he wants attention he will come sit on my lap grab my face between his paws and meow at me. At night he has to sleep up next to my neck and ALWAYS touching my face.

I love his ears they look like gray velvet.

Yes, I think all kitties start with blue eyes, as I remember. You should start a thread in the "introductions" section of this site, so more can be introduced to your Neko. This thread is a little older and people may not check on it, so Neko would be hidden from view. We're all addicted to pics and stories!

Heres my blue eyed baby, I found him as a stray coming to my door meowing and climbing my tree, stole my heart, and he is now in indoor loving cat that plays, plays, and PLAYS! He's almost 3 according to the local SPCA and loves to EAT. Loves vanilla icecream once in a while (he only gets a lick)! I suspected Siamese in his genes, but I wasn't completely aware of the different types of breeds until recently. How cool. So tell me what you think, is he a Siamese mix, possibly Lynx Point?......Thanks cat lovers!

He looks like he's got some siamese in him, probably a snowshoe with some lynx in him, since his leg points are striped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steffie View Post
    Heres my blue eyed baby, I found him as a stray coming to my door meowing and climbing my tree, stole my heart, and he is now in indoor loving cat that plays, plays, and PLAYS! He's almost 3 according to the local SPCA and loves to EAT. Loves vanilla icecream once in a while (he only gets a lick)! I suspected Siamese in his genes, but I wasn't completely aware of the different types of breeds until recently. How cool. So tell me what you think, is he a Siamese mix, possibly Lynx Point?......Thanks cat lovers!

definitely a lynx point something. He has the exact same markings as my Havoc, which the HS had listed as snowshoe, although I can't find any "lynx point snowshoe" pics on the 'net.

your kitty is definitely pointed though! I'll bet the stripes on his head fade (but don't stop) right in front of his ears? He's very cute!

Thanks guys!!!

He's a handful and brings me joy every day. I'm glad I found other cats that look like him...brothers??? Hahaha. They really do look alike and I'll remember that he is a point. Thanks again, talk to you soon! Meooooww

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    definitely a lynx point something. He has the exact same markings as my Havoc, which the HS had listed as snowshoe, although I can't find any "lynx point snowshoe" pics on the 'net.

your kitty is definitely pointed though! I'll bet the stripes on his head fade (but don't stop) right in front of his ears? He's very cute!
    Havoc and Toby are sweethearts! Gorgeous markings, color, and those eyes to die for.... : )

She is a doll!

This is Stretch...he's a lynx point-snowshoe siamese mix too apparently. Found him as a stray hunting outdoors and living in our tree. He is now a unique indoor cat for the last 4 months. Loves to play, stretch out, plays with water, nips and bats you until you wake up, cold-cuts and fancy are his fav, even goes for icecream or whatever your eating (he always has to see whats cookin), likes to jump in the fridge when your not looking, plays hide n ATTACK, climbs in the tub and behaves for baths, opens the closet or any door thats unlocked, cuddles and gives kisses, chases his tail, and talks back! Love em' to pieces...

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...dtrip09006.jpg

Hello everyone!
    I found this thread on google while attempting to research the specific coloring and breed of my beloved Haley.

As far as I can tell, she seems to be a "Snow Lynx Point" coloring. I am new to all this, and it is quite confusing, so perhaps I am mistaken. Also, I suspect she may be a Siamese or Siamese-Mix, but again I would appreciate any opinions.

All the kitties in this thread are ADORABLE and I really have enjoyed reading through all your stories.

Haley has been nothing short of an absolute blessing to me. I adopted her from a humane society during a very stressful and tenuous time in my life. Her companionship and love played an integral part in me getting through that dark time.

Fast forward a couple years, and I am about to get married, and my fiance has fallen in love with Haley as well (it is impossible not to!)

She is very shy around strangers, and runs and hides when anyone except my fiance and I are in the apartment, but at the same time, once she "gets to know" someone she is incredibly loving.

She also has absolutely uncanny comedic timing. My fiance and I routinely hold entire conversations with her, and she never drops a single cue as she "meows" in with her very opinionated chattering.

I figured I would include a few pictures to help with any possible "breed" identification. Many of these are a bit older photos, and I did not have a good camera at the time, my apologies.

I look forward to hearing your feedback everyone!

WARNING: Haley is the CUTEST thing on the face of the planet... I am not responsible if you get in trouble at work for "AWWWWWW'ing" too long... ;-)

Here's my "Haley-Bear" (No idea why I started calling her that, but it's stuck!)

Here she is at about 7 weeks old... First day home form the shelter!

Another pic at around 7 weeks, she is still mostly creme/tan at this point with very few markings. This picture always cracks me up, she looks like she is telling ghost stories at a campfire!

Sorry for the large size... This is a bit blurry, but its a good closeup showing her face structure and markings.

Here she is doing one of the things she does best... Being hungry...

She is usually not too photogenic, so I was thrilled to capture this extremely cute "Candid" shot of her... Great showing her face structure and markings too...

Country-Girl-Haley wishes you a Happy Halloween ;-) (the next year she was dressed up in a piggy costume, I will try to find a picture soon)

She is always telling me to shut up! The nerve of these cats, I tell ya!

Thanks for taking the time to read up about my special little girl! Hope to hear from you all soon!

Sold!

I'm a dog owner and longtime dog lover, but after reading this thread, I think I'm in love with lynx point siamese kitties!

I wonder if Blackjack would like a friend...

cutie

OMG what a cutie! Now thats a pretty cute kitten there! She would be one cute COTD. Smooches, little Haley (thats my name too) I love you! My mom calls me Haley Bear too! LOL