Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: possible lynx point siamese?

love all these cats!

Thank you, KAK and all, for your cat wisdom! I always wondered about the term "point". Thank you for clearing that up. Starr is a flame point! I've never seen that. Your cats are special, I can tell from their photos. I especially love Ziggy's eyes.

It definitely has been great to meet other Lynx point owners and to learn about Pearl's genetic identity. Everyone's cats are beautiful! cats are just so gorgeous. Pearl brings me so much joy.

Happy cat-ting to you all!

My Brie

I adopted a sweet sweet kitty that the rescue group named Brie (because she was "soft and luscious" just like warm brie cheese). She had such an unusual look to her. I've always had Siamese (my last cat was a Tonkinese) and when they told me she was Siamese I scoffed. I saw a show on TV about Siamese cats and they showed Lynx point. I never heard of such a thing but it looked just like my sweet little Brie. She's not talkative like any other Siamese that I've had and my Tonk was pretty quiet too..she only talked when she had something important to say.

Anyway, as soon as I'm allowed I'll post some pictures of her. I do believe now, after reading these posts and seeing the pics, that I have a Lynx point Siamese on my hands. I can't wait to show her off.

By the way, I also adopted a little yellow tabby (he's actually kind of buff color) as a companion. I'll post his pic too.

Thank you for helping me ID my little Brie.

Dj

My Brie

HI! I can post pics now. Here is my favorite picture of both the kitties. It captures their personalities perfectly. He's smirking because he's tormenting his big sister, his favorite activity, and she's reluctantly tolerant of the annoying little brother (his name is Scutter). I also put another picture of Brie so we can see if she really is Lynx point. I have more body shots of her if I need to post them.

Thanks for looking at my Brie (and Scutter too, of course).

Dj
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scutter.Brie.cropped.JPG 
Views:	499 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	41793   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brie.cropped2.JPG 
Views:	475 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	41794  

Hi Dj and welcome to PT. Both of your cats are adorable and Brie is definitely a lynx point siamese. You're lucky that she's quiet because my Pearl is very loud and noisey. I hope that you'll like it here and continue to post about your cats. You may want to look in the cat general section and introduce yourself and your cats there.

What beautiful kitties! Hope to see more of them!

this is my boy, Havoc. He's a lynx point something-or-other, LOL. Humane Society I got him from said snowshoe, but who knows?
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77...kitties020.jpg
    note: life at the shelter has left him a bit shabby looking. I'm working on it!
    Last edited by aTailOf2Kitties; 02-27-2009 at 06:59 PM.

Oh, Havoc is such a cutie! He looks very lovable and soft and what beautiful colorations. I hope to see him again soon after he's better adjusted to life outside the shelter.

Dj, Brie, Scutter

My baby girl...

On January 11 this year I lost my cat, Patch. If it's possible for an animal to be considered a soul-mate, he was certainly mine. He struggled with heart complications (he had a heart twice the size of a normal heart... both literally and figuratively) and arthritis problems for the last two years I had him, but I don't regret a minute of it.

I found him a little over four years ago when I was out walking with my family in our neighborhood. He came running straight towards me and jumped up in my arms. I put him down thinking that he must have belonged to another family and hoped he would run back home when we left, but he started walking behind us. We decided that maybe, if we started running, he would get tired of following and head back to his home. So we picked up the pace, and so did he.

He managed to follow us all the way back to the house, so my mother and I took him in the car to drive back to where we first saw him. I opened the door and he jumped out, running towards another house. We went back home, hoping that he made it home safely and not thinking too much of it.

The next morning I went downstairs to get some breakfast and heard a noise outside of the front door. Sure enough, there he was, waiting on the doormat. Looking back, I can honestly say that was one of the best days of my life, even if I didn't know it at the time.

Anyway, getting back to the point... losing him was one of the hardest things I've ever gone through. I've lost grandparents and friends before, so I don't know why it was so much harder. He left a massive void in my heart and I cried day and night after he was gone. For a while I was certain the pain would never go away.

So, after a couple of weeks, my boyfriend and I started talking about getting another animal. We didn't want a REPLACEMENT, of course, just another family member to love. We went to a nearby animal shelter to look at some of the dogs that had been rescued. We had decided on getting a dog because I wasn't ready for another cat. Patch was so perfect for me, I worried that I would unfairly hold other cats up to his standard and I didn't think that would be right.

After we finished looking through all of the dogs, we walked past the building where all the cats were sheltered (there were several windows in the cat's rooms that looked out on the walkway). A beautiful white cat with shocking blue eyes caught my attention and I decided to go look inside. I found his room and went in to pet him but he seemed disinterested. However, this BEAUTIFUL and incredibly soft long-haired cat with crystal blue eyes came running up to me purring loudly and rubbing on my hand. I was shocked by how sweet and excited it was to see me. I played with the cat for a few minutes then decided to go back home.

For two weeks, that cat kept popping back into my thoughts. Finally, after one really bad tear-filled night, I got online and found the shelter's website. I flipped through almost 100 pictures before I found one that I was pretty sure was the one I had seen. It was a small, one year-old female lynx point Siamese named Jolie. The next morning I woke up early, went back to the shelter, found her and filled out the application to take her home.

I know someone said that they have noticed a "healing" sense with their lynx points. It may not be in the same manner that they mentioned, but Jolie has mended my heart in a way that I didn't think possible. She has filled me back up with more joy than I ever thought I could contain. While I still desperately miss Patch, I never would have found Jolie if he hadn't passed when he did. I know now that everything happens for a reason, and that even the painful things can eventually lead to something really amazing if just given the chance.

When I get the right forum access I'll post a picture for you of Patch and Jolie. I never knew there were many cats out there like her so it's really exciting to see all the pictures you guys have posted. It's actually uncanny how much tumsIU's kitty looks like Jolie. I saw the picture you posted and it took me by surprise.

Anyway, there's my story about finding my beautiful lynx point (sorry it was so long).

- Eliae

Welcome to PT Eliae. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss but I'm glad that you were able to open up your heart to another cat in need of a wonderful home. I look forward to hearing more about Jolie and hopefully seeing many pictures of her too. My home wouldn't be the same without my lynx point Pearly girl.

Thank you for the kind words and the warm welcome!

Ok, I managed to get these pictures off of my dying camera (I seem to have lost the battery charger... tisk tisk). I decided to just do imageshack links instead of hosting the pictures on the forums. I didn't want to overload you guys!

So, first one up is my BFF, Patch. Plastic straws were his favorite thing in the whole world. I used to get an extra straw just for him when I got something at a fast food restaurant.

Now for my little "princess," Jolie. Here is the first picture I managed to take of her where she didn't look like a blur (from moving around so much). When we realized she liked covered spaces and being up high, Ben and I fixed her a bed in the travel cage we had used to bring her home. First she relaxed, then she relaxed some more, then a little more, then she decided to feign death by relaxation.

She fell in love with a little rectangle basket that was sitting on top of Ben's desk. Hey, I got it at ROSS! I’m really not even sure how she managed to fit in there.

Now, her time is spent lazily staring out the window (watching the birds), eating grass, testing the sink (one can never be too safe), pretending to be a turtle, and getting into as many boxes as possible.

Oh, and she's also great at stealing hearts... I can speak from first-hand experience, of course!

I don't know where I'd be without her!

- Eliae

oh, p.s. Jolie and I are about to move into a new apartment. I'm screening off the porch so she can have a spot outside to sunbathe. I'll make sure to take lots of pictures as we both get settled into our new home!

wow, she's gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    wow, she's gorgeous!
    Thank you!!! You know, she spent three whole MONTHS at the shelter before she came home with me? It seems so impossible that someone didn't snatch her up sooner.

It is perfect that they named her Jolie because it means "pretty" in French. I would have gone with "Sassy" too because she always puts sass in everything she does. She has this "I'm the queen of the world" walk where she looks like she's strutting down a catwalk with her fluffly little tail straight up in the air.

btw, Toby and Havoc are both completely adorable. I've always liked cats with unusual patterns or pretty eyes. I love Toby's little booties and Havoc has such a beautiful face! Oh, and this picture is SOO sweet, one of my favorites!

- Eliae

Quote Originally Posted by Eliae View Post
    Thank you!!! You know, she spent three whole MONTHS at the shelter before she came home with me? It seems so impossible that someone didn't snatch her up sooner.

btw, Toby and Havoc are both completely adorable. I love Toby's little booties and Havoc has such a beautiful face!

- Eliae
    believe it or not both of my boys came from a shelter also. Havoc had been there for 5 months when I went to see him. I decided in 10 minutes that I wanted him. Toby was a breeder surrender and had been at the shelter maybe a month and a half. His sister had already been adopted, I don't know why they didn't take him too. Oh well, their loss, my gain, LOL.

Welcome to Pet Talk Eliae! Morgan, my kitty, and I enjoyed reading your story and especially looking at your pictures. He was on my lap/laptop as I was browsing. We sure look forward to seeing more of Jolie and hearing about your precious Patch.

Eliae, thanks for sharing pictures of handsome Patch and gorgeous Jolie with us. It sure looks like Jolie has settled into your home very nicely. I look forward to hearing much more about her. Good luck with your move. You may also want to venture into the cat general section and introduce yourself and your beloved cats.

All 6 of my cats are also rescues. Storm was abandoned by his former owner and was in the stray section at the Humane Society. Sky was also a stray and was adopted but then returned because his adopters cats didn't like him. He was also from the Humane Society. Sunny and Starr were from rescue groups. Pearl and Ziggy Stardust were dumped in an Arizona feral park during the summer in 100 degree+ weather. I adopted them from another PT'er on here.