View Poll Results: Do you own a siamese cat?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I'm fond of them and would like one though...

26 37.14%
  • Oh yes! I have one and love him/her!

29 41.43%
  • I don't know...I don't think I've seen one!

0 0%
  • I'm not fond of them...

5 7.14%
  • Oh, I like them but I just don't want one.

10 14.29%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Siamese Cats

Siamese Cats

I've heard they're VERY intelligent! I think their colors are so beautiful too!!!
    Sleek, and Slim.
    Small and trim.
    Beautiful colors right on him!

I want to know, what people think of siamese cats!
    ~*Sprink*Fritz*Odie*~

"There is no more intrepid explorer than a kitten." Jules Champfleury

A purring cat and a glowing fireplace make winter bearable.

My Butter is not a purebred Siamese, but we believe he has a lot of Siamese in him. And I love him dearly, although most people who have met him don't! He has a vicious tendency to bite and scratch, which in most cases is his form of playing. But my daughter and a few others think he is wonderful, and I do too!!

{{Logan}} You're so cute and a GREAT mom, and that Butter is one handsome man, even if he is a bit of a touch-me-not kitty! He's got to keep that macho appearance! LOL I think he has quite a bit of flame-point in him! Last year when I attended a catshow up in Pleasanton, CA...there was a cat in the adoption area that looked just like him! Gorgeous flame-point siamese! I had to hold myself back from snatching him up. Amberlee said that I might just have to drive a van next time we go to a cat show, so I can adopt all the kitties and buy a bunch of items from the booths! LOL LOL LOL
    I think siamese and oriental breeds of cat are very striking. I think my Marius has a bit of oriental shorthair in him with his high cheekbones, big pointy ears, slanted green eyes and triangular head. He's really resembles the white oriental shorthair. I could just have a whole housefull of these cats! LOL LOL Of course, hubby would have NOTHING to do with THAT idea! LOL LOL

I was love/hate, but now I'm totally in lerrrrve!

My mum has two Siamese and they are cross-eyed, weird beasties with rather bizarre behaviours so I wasn't too keen on them.

Then Mini, our Siamese, came into our life by accident and needed a home due to his heart condition, so I weakened and said OK. We nearly lost him and it was then that I discovered how much I love these intelligent, yowling, domineering, playful, destructive kitties! I wouldn't trade him in for the world.

When I get home at night he's waiting on the stairs for me, he follows me around the house and then bolts upstairs to wait for me to change. He sits in the bathroom sink while I'm brushing my teeth and has a little chat with me in Siamese-speak. He sits on my ribs at bedtime just to make sure I know he's there and has his toys waiting on the bed for (far too early) morning play. He sits on the computer keyboard to play beeping sounds to me while I work and sometimes steps on the 'send' button so my friends can read my English/Siamese e-mails. The most engaging and infuriating of cat breeds rolled into one!
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

I would love to own a Siamese

but I don't have one. I love their blue eyes the best! Is it true they are born white and they don't get their points until they are older? Miss Meow do you know? Did you get your cats as kittens?

Wolflady, if Siamese do start out white maybe Marius is just a late bloomer with his points. Does he have blue eyes?

I have a female Snowshoe Siamese, and I love her to pieces!

Re: I would love to own a Siamese

Originally posted by Vermontcat
    but I don't have one. I love their blue eyes the best! Is it true they are born white and they don't get their points until they are older? Miss Meow do you know? Did you get your cats as kittens?

Wolflady, if Siamese do start out white maybe Marius is just a late bloomer with his points. Does he have blue eyes?
    I'm not sure. I think the Siamese with the dark points are born fairly dark, and the colours deepen at several weeks of age. The light pointed colours, such as lilac, seem to be relatively pale at birth and also darken.

Check out these web sites. The first one has HEAPS of kitten photos!

http://www.siamesekitties.com/

http://www.meezer.com/

Cheers
    Nicole
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Re: I would love to own a Siamese

Originally posted by Vermontcat
    [B...
    Wolflady, if Siamese do start out white maybe Marius is just a late bloomer with his points. Does he have blue eyes? [/B]
    It's true that a lot of kittens are born on the lighter side, more creamy, and the points darken as they get older. Marius is almost 6 years old and he has green eyes, which is typical for the white oriental shorthairs (they can have either blue or green eyes) which leads me to believe there is some sort of oriental ancestry in his lineage!! He's definitely a Heinz 57 mix of something...and something because because he is...how should I say...bodily mass incline?? LOL LOL In any case, they're all incredibly adorable!!
    Last edited by wolflady; 08-07-2002 at 11:44 AM.

Here's a pic of my Marius! This is oddly, one of his favorite places to sit
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I thought I would include some pics of purrley's gorgeous cats! She has siamese, and they're all so lovely!!

Here is a pic of her Braydee...who is a flame point.
    Last edited by wolflady; 08-20-2002 at 10:54 AM.

This is Frisco. Look at this face and that tail! Such a handsome fella!!!

Here's one of Spencer and Frisco...what a gorgeous pair of cats!! They look like statues

Thanks Miss Meow and Wolflady

Miss Meow those websites are great and they did have kitten pictures that show them pale at up to one week then darker by 8 weeks. I think I like the sealpoints the best.
    Wolflady thank you for more photos, I think Marius is handsome no matter what his mix!

Oh! Thanks for the website...Um ok the siamese kittens have big ears! lol
    ~*Sprink*Fritz*Odie*~

"There is no more intrepid explorer than a kitten." Jules Champfleury

A purring cat and a glowing fireplace make winter bearable.

siameese cats

oh they are so beautiful. i want to get one. wolves are some of my favs too!

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/caer/...ages/wolf3.jpg