Thread: lab/chow suddenly aggressive @ 4

Exclamation lab/chow suddenly aggressive @ 4

Hey Everyone,
    I have had my lab/ chow since she was like 10 weeks. She is now about 8 years old. She was never aggressive until a couple of years ago she started attacking/ cornering my cocker/pom trying to bite her (and had her neck a few times) We had to put down my cocker/pom about 6 months ago (she was old and sick) and my lab/chow has been fine with my toy poodles (6yr and 2yr) - never had really bothered them (her and the 2yr boy poodle battle sometimes- nothing serious- lab/chow usually backs away.. ha) Anyway she is starting to do the aggression with my 6yr. girl poodle. This is mainly around eating time but why all of a sudden? All of my dogs are sweet and never try to take eachothers food or anything? Any thoughts or ideas?? Thanks.
    -Tara

are they all one sex?
    I have found that if you keep to many dogs of the same sex under one room they end up getting testy of one another..
    I have four female dogs living with eachother right now.. and my three females do not get along with my moms female great dane.. Its a real shame that this happens..We got the great done when she was 3 months old, and our husky was 6.. The Great dane grew up with the husky, and all of a sudden at 2 years old the great dane attacked the husky for no reason and now they have been enemys ever since..

Maybe try feeding your dogs in serperate rooms?
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Two of my three dogs have/had issues with food. I've come to the conclusion that no matter how submissive the dog is or how friendly they are, food is just a totally different matter in the dog-dog world. For that reason, my dogs eat in separate rooms and my puppy even eats in a closed crate.

Just separate them during feeding time, and you should be fine