Thread: Tic Tac at the whitecoats

Tic Tac at the whitecoats

Last night I took Tic Tac to the vet for his annual checkup and shots, and he basically had a panic attack! He was breathing so heavily, and I think he aspirated some drool, so Dr. P. couldn't hear his heart very well. Dr. P. kept asking me if he'd ever done that, and I said no. He sleeps right next to my head every night, and the only noise that ever comes out of him is a purr.

Fortunately, about an hour after getting home, his breathing returned to normal. I don't want to put him through this again. Does anyone have a cat that freaks out like that, and what actions do you take? I'm debating bringing in a vet for a house call next year, but Tic Tac is scared of strangers, so I don't know how much better that would be.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I'm so sorry to hear this. My cat Ziggy is very good at the vet but I've noticed that on the way home she'll start panting because she's become so stressed out. I've been trying to spray the carriers with a calming spray but I sometimes forget.

Maybe you could give him some kind of a pill for anxiety on the day of his vet visit. Good luck.

They all stress but not to the point where they pant. Puddy used to be downright violent but since she had one of her kidneys removed, she's calmed down a lot. I guess she just isn't sick like she used to be so she doesn't mind being fussed with so much. I'm sorry Tic Tac experienced this. Maybe just 1/4 of a chill pill before the next vet visit?
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I used Feliway with Sparkle for her car sickness and that made a HUGE difference. If it doesn't interfere with the vet testing (does it slow the heart, for example? I really don't know) maybe that would be helpful.

I used Feliway with Sparkle for her car sickness and that made a HUGE difference. If it doesn't interfere with the vet testing (does it slow the heart, for example? I really don't know) maybe that would be helpful.

Seems like CraftLady had posted previously about something she gives her furbabies before going to the vet. Anyone remember that? Or maybe you could PM her for information.

Poor TicTac. Sometimes I feel the same way when I go to the whitecoats... depending on why I am going!

Just did a search, and Craftlady gives her babies something to make them now throw up. Sorry for the confusion. I should have searched before I spoke!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Donnaj4962
    Seems like CraftLady had posted previously about something she gives her furbabies before going to the vet. Anyone remember :
    Might have been Rescue Remedy.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11