Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I swear this dog will be the death of me!!!*they did it again!! 10/30/07*

I swear this dog will be the death of me!!!*they did it again!! 10/30/07*

I was downstairs catching up on some laundry, the dogs were running around playing like they usually do. I was working on folding my second load, when I noticed that it was VERY quiet in the house. So my first thought, was the dogs snuck upstairs while I was busy, and were happily munching on the cats food.

So went to go Upstairs, and as I was looking for the dogs, I notice tha Autumn is outside!! How the heck did my cat get out?? I went out, scooped up my cat, thank god she was too scared to go anywhere!

So now I am realy scratching my head?? I cant find my dogs, and the cat is outside!! So I run back in the house, and I realize the Sliding glass door was open! Duke the Dipstick, managed to get the sliding door open again!! I swear i locked it!! So i put my slippers on and grab my car keys, and run to my car in my PJ's!

I drive about 5 houses down, roughly 2 miles, and there they are, playing in someones Back yard!! So I hollar to the dogs, they turn look at me, and take off running, back the way they came! I could just imagine what they were thinking! " Crap, she caught us, run home quick!!"

I pull into my Driveway, and there they are, bith sitting on my front porch!! Looking like perfect angels!!

I swear, Duke cannot grasp a simple "Sit" Command, but give him an opputunity, and he will break out of your House!!

They are now both passed out on the floor, looking quite Smug!
    Last edited by critter crazy; 10-30-2007 at 02:31 PM.
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Oh, I think they were on the front porch the whole time. That was some other Rottweiller and Coonhound that just happened to be in the neighborhood.

Oone of my neighbors had a dog that actually removed the frame of the sliding glass door from the wall while she was at work, and pulled it back far enough to escape. She came home to find her dog lying on her front lawn, just chilling out. (The dog was a real spazz with many problems.)

Quote Originally Posted by critter crazy
    and I realize the Sliding glass door was open! Duke the Dipstick, managed to get the sliding door open
    Poor Duke, always getting blamed for everything! It "could" have been Brutus! For that matter, it COULD have been Autumn!

Time to keep an old broom stick handle in the runner!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    Poor Duke, always getting blamed for everything! It "could" have been Brutus! For that matter, it COULD have been Autumn!

Time to keep an old broom stick handle in the runner!
    Ahhh...but Duke has already done this a few times already!!

I can almost bet with certainty, that brutus was definitely a follower, in this.

And explain to me How a 4 pound cat, can open a heavy glass sliding door??
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

First off, I'm SO glad that are back at home with you and are safe.

Okay.. with that said... LOL!!!
    What funny boys!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

ROFL! Are you sure he's not a husky? I used to frequently come home to find Muskwa on the front deck when he had been in the back pen when I left for work! Once when we lived in the city, he climbed the fence and went on the roof of the neighbor's shed--neighbors who hated us! I could give you endless examples of the husky stubborn streak, but you seem to be finding your own houndy examples!

Oops!!! I'm glad everyone is back home safe and sound!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

This story made me laugh. I could just picture this happening with the dogs.

Glad everyone is back safe and sound.

Quote Originally Posted by critter crazy
    Ahhh...but Duke has already done this a few times already!!

I can almost bet with certainty, that brutus was definitely a follower, in this.

And explain to me How a 4 pound cat, can open a heavy glass sliding door??
    Ahh... the cat opening the sliding door question. When I lived in Florida, I had an apartment on the third floor with a screened-in porch. I had just gotten Jax (my now 17 lb 5 year old cat)... he was 7 weeks old, and barely weighed a pound. When he was three months old, he weighed three and a half pounds. Everyday I would come home from work and find him on the porch.....

The little man was opening the slider when I was at work and getting out on the porch. I don't know how he does it, but he manages... so it could have been the kitty!!!

That is a funny story, although I know it's not funny when you're out looking for your dogs. My Sadie is an escape artist though not as skilled with doors. She would run home to the front step too as though nothing happened. I believe dogs do this deliberately!!

Now Duke, I know you are smart and can open doors, but do you understand the dangers that are outside? Cars and people can be very dangerous when you are not with your human, we aren't trying to keep you from having fun!

Awwww! That's so funny, but yes, it is scary when you don't know where they are. My last dog, Cassie, had disappeared one time. This was before more homes were built in our development, so it was mainly field and piles of dirt. Well, sure enough, we look out the window and there's our golden retriever literally walking alongside a group of deer, as if she was one of them...completely calm. She somehow escaped and was looking for some new friends. It was so funny!
    Love, PupPLuv and her Pup, Macie Mae <3

Accccckkkkk......they just did it again!!! I swear they know how to unlock the darn door now!!! Ughhhh..... Both cats got out again, and autumn is playing hid and seek under the deck!!! Hubby has now placed a Blocker in the track of the door, so it cannot be opened at all! Now I have to go and try to Lure my cat back in the house!!!

This time however, they only made it to the Next door neighbors, and he put them in the garage, so I could come and get them!! Thank god my neighbors like me and the dogs!! he just laughed at me, when I started to appologize to him.

Edited to add: Autumn is now back in the house! Phewww....
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

GO BRUTUS!!!

I meant oh Mags I am so sorry *giggles*
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

I am chukkling my butt off.. Sounds like a fun household.. Now could we get a video of this next time around..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002
    I am chukkling my butt off.. Sounds like a fun household.. Now could we get a video of this next time around..
    hmmm...NO!! I sure hope there is no next time now!!! Who am I kidding?? I am sure there will be a next time!! I a just glad that they never venture too far, and that the neighbors dont mind them!
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!