Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Urinary problems

1 12.50%
  • No urinary problems

7 87.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Castration age - urinary problems

None Of The Lucky Found Paradise Males Have Had Any Problems What So Ever, But None Of Then Were Neutered At A Young Age.
    We Are Sending Prayers For Pichu , And Hope That Hes All Right Soon.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thank you everyone for input.

Thankfully, Pichu is much better now, we're still giving him injections and pills and we're watching him every time he goes into the bathroom (poor guy).

He does it just in the litter box even when he is sick and I think that is very nice of him.

The vet that castrated him kept telling us that he is older than we were thinking, and I should have listened to myself, I knew that he was just a big boy. I was sure he was under 6 months when we castrated him. Well, we'll wait a little longer for Milo and here we know more about his age, when we got him, there was no way he was older than one month.

On a happier note, Juni and Pichu are adjusting pretty well here, Milo is being a pest, but P&J are not complaining much. As for Milo, finally he found other tails to play with besides his own .

I am taking pictures, but still cannot upload them to the desktop, so, I'll try to get Internet on my laptop and then I will post a lot of them.

The house feels so much more like home with them around

Tigris was neutered at about 6 months. He came up with this iFLUTD (idiopathic Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease) at the age of 9 years and he has been fine since. I cannot imagine that there is a connection.
    Filou was about 9 months ( it was later when he started singing his coming-of-age songs in the staircase) and he has no peeing problems.
    I must say Pichu's problems do sound to me similar to Tigris. If he is fine until next year and if he wants to emigrate to Germany we'll be happy to have him checked by our vet. I think I would want a second opinion.
    When Tigris takes a bath you can see his little penis and it looks quite ok

Pichu couldn't pee again tonight, so tomorrow we'll call the vet again .

I will lock him in a separate bathroom tomorrow to check how much he eats, drinks and pees.

Barbara, Pichu very much wants to emigrate to Germany next year, so I hope we'll see Tigris' vet.

The emergency vet we saw on Sunday told us that they do a certain surgery that removes the penis and then they don't have problems at all, sounds kind of scary...

Here's some information about the PU Surgery. There are some graphic pictures so please only look at them if you want to. Here's the link perineal urethrostomy.