Thread: October 20th- Pit Bull Awareness Day

October 20th- Pit Bull Awareness Day

Calling all responsible pit bull owners, advocates and fanciers... Please mark Saturday, October 20, 2007 on your calendars for the first nationwide Pit Bull Awareness Day. In light of the constant negative publicity that surrounds pit bulls, we felt it was time to establish a day to focus on these incredible dogs and their responsible owners. The media berates our dogs daily. Legislators have labeled pit bull owners as the "criminal element" who only own pit bulls to enhance their macho image. Its time we set the record straight.

Regardless of where you are located, please join Bless the Bullys and the Bull Breed Alliance of Tennessee in celebrating this wonderful breed and their devoted, responsible owners/advocates. Please participate in an activity on October 20, 2007 to promote and celebrate responsible pit bull ownership. Regardless of the activity you choose - a dog walk, a candlelight vigil, an educational workshop or just a friendly get together - please sign up to participate so people in your area know and can participate and promote responsible ownership with you.

Its time to show the world that all pit bull owners ARE NOT alike, and that responsible pit bull owners are no longer willing to sit back and be judged by the image set by the visible minority of irresponsible owners. It will take time to reverse the damage already done, but together, we can change the image bestowed upon our dogs (and their owners)! To participate and add an event in your town, please visit:

http://www.blessthebullys.com/id86.html

there's one here in Montana and I would SERIOUSLY go but I have to work and it's 3 hours away. maybe I will be able to go in the future.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Yeah, I won't be able to attend the candlelight vigil that's being held here either, as I'll be in Vegas...next year I'll certainly be attending though.

If anyone attends an event in their town let me know, I'd love to hear how it goes