Thread: Stephen's medicine adventure

Stephen's medicine adventure

Poor guy will come to you for holding and sleeping on bed with us on his terms only.

We bribed with roasted chicken (we had for dinner), we did our "chase me" around the house. This is all for 1/2 ml of liquid bendryl for his sneezing mind you.
    He got over excited and pooped on the kitchen floor

Never had this happen with an cat.

Guess I will catch him when he is napping on a chair.
    Last edited by Craftlady; 10-13-2007 at 05:44 PM.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

WE ARE PRAYING THAT STEPHEN WILL BE BETTER SOON, AND DONT WORRY ABOUT THAT ACCIDENT!
    JOSEPH OCCASIONALLY WILL LEAVE A LOVE OFFERING BY THE LITTER BOX TO SHOW THE OTHER FOUND CATS WHO THE BIG BOSS CAT IS!!
    THATS IF MIQUELITO TRIES FOR TOP CAT, BY NOT COVERING HIS.
    STINK WARS HERE ON SOME DAYS!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

He's always had "allergy" type symptoms from time we got him in March.
    It gets worse when it's hotter ourside (been in 90's allot this summer). Our vet had suggested bendryl. Easier said then done giving this little guy medicines. LOL
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Oh Stephen, you have a choice: sneeze your fool head off or take your meds! Help mom help you, dear boy!

I have one psare bedroom set up or easy catches; no place they can hide that I cna't reach them. I herd the "patient" in there and close the door to get started. I also find pills MUCH easier than liquids.

Can you mix it into 'really stinky' wet food?

I've done the chase with Oscar for kennel-to-the-vet time. It's a workout!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Silly Stephen, you must take your medicine!

Hopefully this will get easier (for you all), in time.

He was semi asleep upstairs in his favorite spot, I got the dose in him.

Lol. Ambush! :d
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I don't blame him! Liquid Benadryl tastes TERRIBLE!!! I wonder if they have children's tablets or chewables of it?
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Quote Originally Posted by kimlovescats
    I don't blame him! Liquid Benadryl tastes TERRIBLE!!! I wonder if they have children's tablets or chewables of it?
    Actually, I'm using childrens formula which is cherry flavored. They do make tablets but pilling him is next to impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Craftlady
    Actually, I'm using childrens formula which is cherry flavored. They do make tablets but pilling him is next to impossible.
    You could try putting the pills into pill pockets. I do this with Storm and he thinks that he's getting a special treat. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz
    You could try putting the pills into pill pockets. I do this with Storm and he thinks that he's getting a special treat. Good luck.
    Pill pockets cant buy them in my immediate area. PetSmart probably/might carry them they are 28 miles one way. Only go there everyother month to get supply of food.
    Actually, I prefer liquid medications.
    One squirt and it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Craftlady
    Actually, I prefer liquid medications.
    One squirt and it's done.
    Laughing at myself, I once was so over-zealous with the liquid meds, and trying to get them into the cat as FAST as possible, that the liquid actually bounced back OUT of the cat's mouth and all over me. (LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by jenluckenbach
    Laughing at myself, I once was so over-zealous with the liquid meds, and trying to get them into the cat as FAST as possible, that the liquid actually bounced back OUT of the cat's mouth and all over me. (LOL)

LOL - I know exactly what you are talking about, Jen - same thing happend to me before I learned!!

We now mix all Rx's with Gerber's Chicken 2nd food baby food. They all just love it!!

I also give them the baby food - plain - every once in a while just as a treat, so they know they are getting a "treat".

Giving a cat medicine is not fun or easy!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

Stephen's medicine adventure

Aw, come on Stephen, please take your medicine for Meowmie. It will make you feel much better and make your sneezies go away too.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE