Thread: Horesback Riding

Horesback Riding

Do any of you ride horses? Where do you ride? I love horseback riding, the only thing is I aften't been able to find a new stable since the last stable I was at shut down.

Oh and did any of you hear about the horses at woodbine, all the horses that died. That's such a sine, 31 of them died. That must be terrible.

stonewind...yes,lots of us here ride....but unfortunately,the days of public stables are long gone...the insurance is too high...where do you live????maybe we know somewhere nearby...what kind of riding are you speaking of????
    where is woodbine???what happened to the horses???is that CA???? was it from the wildfires????how sad!!!!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

I am hopeing to start horse back rideing. yes I ride horses. I ride western style though. I don't know what style you ride. I am hopefulyl going to be showing horses this year. I cna't wait! I dont' know the name of the stabel I ride at btu I will fidn otu what its name is and post it. I live in PA though. Not sure where you live.

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

I used to ride a lot but... Well, let's just say I don't anymore.

What happened to those 31 horses?

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

I love horseback riding!

I absolutely love to horseback ride. I try to atleast 3 times a week. Our landlord's daughter owns a barn so I work there for free so that I can horseback ride. She gives me "lessons". There not professional or anything, she's just really good b/c she's a barrel racer and trick rider. I really like spending time with the horses, Amy (the woman whom I work for) is out of town this week, but I am still going to the barn to clean stalls and groom horses. I just love it! What happened to the 31 horses? Are there any left that we can help? Keep us posted.
    Luvv > Rachel, Jackson Redd, Master Splinter, and Pig Pen

My ImageStation
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291529791

Stonewind

I have just recently gotten back into riding and my daughter has started beginner riding lessons too. It can be hard to find a new stable that is nearby and affordable. We got lucky enough to have a friend who rides that connected us with her riding teacher.

A couple of ways you could look for local stables are your yellow pages under stables and riding academies, or if you are in the new england area try www.equinesite.com and click on N.E. Stables for lists of different states. I also have connections to www.morganhorse.com (I used to work there) click on related links, then morgan farms and it will show you state by state lists of morgan farms. They may be able to recommend local riding stables in your area too. Good luck!

i LOVE riding, i've been riding for 4 years ,i ride english style, im gonna be in a show next friday!i'm so exited!!!i can't even write normally! anyway it's gonna be jumper an ddressage. kool huh?sorry i got so carried away

I LOVE HORSEBACK RIDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Horseback riding is one of my favorite thing to do. Sadly, my horse isn't broke, and there are no stables nearby. I do have neighbors that said they would let me ride theirs, but I haven't gotten a chance to call them, and set up a plan.

Before I've riden english and western, so it doesn't really matter. Woodwine is the race tracks in Toronto, Ontario. There was a fire there that killed 29 horses, they then had to put down 2 others who were in the fire. Those horses where worth alot of money, and there bloodlines are probably going to be hard to get back. It's too bad, although the people aren't worried about the money because they have insurance, it's the fact that they lost there horse that's gets to them. Oh ya by the way I live in Cambridge Ontario.

actually...unfortunately,i read taht only 11 of the 32 were insured...it took alot from the trainers...also there were grooms lsft homeless...though i believe 1 man saved 52 horses by leading them out.....thank god for him....so sad....

love ontario...lots of good riders from cambridge and nearby....
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

I like to ride, but I just love to gallop. I hate just walking around in the hot sun, and I hate to overheat the poor horses. I know you have to warm them up by walking before galloping, but it's really boring. I love to just gallop, with the wind in my hair, never looking back. I once rode a horse named Keeper, but then he became injured and wasn't able to ride for a few weeks. I rode a new horse, Strech, and he never listened. I switched stables a week later, and now I am riding Sunny. She is okay, but not as good as Keeper.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

I LOVE horseback riding!!! It's sooo much fun! I wish I could get a horse!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)