Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have you ever taken one of your dogs/pets inside a store?

Only pet stores, like many others.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie
    Like everyone else, only pet stores.

For those of you who sneak your pets into restaurants, that is not cool. I love my pets, and love their company, but lots of other people don't. I think there is a time and place for everything, and restaurants, bars, grocery stores, and shops are not for animals.
    I agree......I have a friend who loves animals, but is allergic to them. In respect for her, and others like her, I wouldn't take my pets into places that don't allow pets.

When Buddy was about 6 mos old, I took him with me inside a AAA Motor
    Club. The lady at the desk almost had a heart attack. I kept saying
    "he's only a baby". It was in a little strip mall place & really only had people
    who worked there inside. I just wanted to check a schedule & leave.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I've only taken the dog's to work and to pet stores.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

I've taken Molli into a video store, that was like 2 years ago. And Sam when he was a lil puppy into walmart.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Storm, Starr,Sky,and Ziggy have all been in pet stores before. They sure didn't like it though.

Neat story! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke
    Starting in 1975, there have been 4 "Radio Dogs" who helped me "fix" two-way radios and other
    electronic "stuff" for Fire, Police, Business and Railroad customers. They've all been in places
    few Dogs ever get to go ... most every Fire & Police station in NE Ohio, a couple jails,
    and Casey visited countless Penn Central (later ConRail) Railroad locations.

Casey was probably the most traveled and most "famous" of the Pups -
    she grew up with the railroad! She was still a pup when I moved into Ohio, and Penn Central RR
    was my largest account ... our railroad buddies never remembered MY name;
    but everyone knew "The Radio Dog"! Casey's Best Buddy was the local Captain of the ConRail Police ...
    he'd "just stopped to see the Dog" at the shop at least once every 10 days. EVERY time there was a derailment, he'd make sure the Comm & Signals Department called
    me to "check the radio" - even if it was functioning normally - he wanted the DOG! I'd get cryptic
    calls to "come to the wreck at XYZ Tower, and Bring the Dog!"
    "We'd" arrive and I'd go find the C&S group - usually to be told "the radios are OK, but the Captain
    will be here in a minute." Sure enough, Cap would rush up within minutes and
    announce "Gimmie the DOG - I need her real bad. Where's her LEASH - I gotta have a LEASH!"

I learned to carry one for her on "Wreck Details" - even though Casey NEVER had
    to be leashed ... he said no K-9 goes out without a LEASH! He'd hook her up, tell her to HEEL,
    and off they'd go to strike fear and fright into the train looters prowling the wreck!
    He'd have to keep reminding her - "QUIT *waggin your TAIL! - Look ferocious!" They ALWAYS
    had a good time; and Casey could manage to "guard" the occasional looter the Captain arrested ...
    he'd catch one and put Casey in a "Down, Stay, WATCH HIM! BITE him if ya have to!" while he
    chased down another one or two bad guys. I told him more than once she wouldn't bite a fly,
    but he always said "THEY don't know that!" We missed the ole Captain when he retired.

/s/ Phred

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Besides pet stores, the only thing i can remember is taking my Rat Terrier into KMart once when she was a puppy.

I would have taken King more places (especially since we were so bonded and i had a few people suggest he was CGC worthy,) but we're in quite the non-pet friendly area. Heck, many people around here still think dogs should live outside only.

The birds stayed at home (obviously the fish and amphibians did too.)

Koli isn't that well mannered enough for me to even consider it. (Though she IS better behaved than some brats i've seen people bring with them. Although my reference was to canines, it can also apply to humans.)

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

I take mine in Tractor supply, Bjs (kind of like tractor supply), and pet stores. I don't take them in places that don't allow pets either.

Zoe and Oliver you will always be missed wait for me at the bridge babies.

Also owned by 2 cats named Olive and Sophie
    1 bunny named Houdini
    1 syrian hamster named Oreo
    A 17 year old cockatiel named Baby
    7 zebra finches named Beeper, Zeb, Sprout, Buzz, Scout, Jack and Pearl
    7 bettas
    and several tropical fish

Visit Lucy, Maggie, and Gracie's Doggyspace

I work at a pet store so they go to work with me all the time. They've been to plenty of other pet stores too.

When Nebo was a tiny puppy we went to Yellowstone/Grand Tetons and he went into quite a few places (being held). Nobody said anything, in fact, in Jackson, most of the store owners welcomed him and were giving him attention.

I didn't know I was going to get Keva when I did so I didn't have any supplies at all. We stopped at a dollar store on the way home and I brought her in and bought her a collar.

Oh, we did have the dogs in an outside section of a restaurant when I was with Kay in Florida...the restaurant allowed that, otherwise we wouldn't have. I've been to Yappy Hour twice and once it was in a hotel and the other time it was at the front area of a big shopping center...so Nebo has been inside those buildings too. Nebo has also been inside several dog-friendly hotels/motels that we've stayed in, Keva has been in one. The last time I was in Yellowstone I had Nebo with me. We were taking turns waiting outside the shops with the dogs. One store owner came out and welcomed us into the store with the dogs. There may be other places I'm forgetting, but with two large dogs its not like I can take them into places without being noticed.