My beloved Persian is getting worse and worse. Her little face is covered with the black stuff. This has been going on for over a year. I've done the bowls-using stainless. Catfood on a plate so she can't stick her face in food.Two different vets. Antibiotics (different ones,one for six weeks).peroxide, benzoil peroxide, prednizone, dexidin,betadine, fungisan,nizoral,lamisil, hydrocortisone cream, all natural-no additive cat food, a cat-food with the least amount of chicken I can find, not touching or washing her face, washing her face and neck, washing her cotton towels and bedding in hot water,bleaching and boiling them, homeopathic medicine, colloidal silver, rescue remedy, tea tree oil. Vit E (topical and internal), omega 3's, yougurt and acidophilus cod liver oil.I made a cream with comfrey and other herbs recommended.Raiki. I may have missed something. Researched on line. Talked to anyone who mentioned the word cat. People at pet stores.I have considered putting her down (I do NOT want too!)As I hold her to clean her she purrs and looks into my eyes with so much love and understanding as I clean her raw little face.how much suffering can I put her through. She is very tiny, eats well, drinks water and loves her yougurt with the oils and poops are normal. She is very quiet and reserved. She's never been very active, had to be coaxed to play even as a kitten. I've tried confining her to a room with no carpets that I can wash with natural cleaners. She does not go outside, but has a little screened porch. I have started this thread before. If anyone has heard of anything new- please,please...