• Yes, very afraid

19 33.93%
  • a little afraid

13 23.21%
  • not afraid at all

24 42.86%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you afraid of spiders?

I picked a little. I have always had allergic reactions to spider bites(less than bees) and that is scary while its happening. my sister is really scared by them because she was bitten by a brown recluse several years ago.

Not to forget our little foster dog Velma Dinkley!

I'm not the least bit afraid of them.
    If it wasn't for my mum's sanity being at stake, I would have probably had a tarantula by now. My dear mum would probably have a breakdown if she saw a spider that big, though.

not at all. There were a few tarantulas for sale at the herp show this weekend. I love them because they eat the annoying pest insects like mosquitos.

Niņo & Eliza

Any creature that comes in purple and fuzzy gets my lovin!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

I'm fine with pet store Trantulas but not wild spiders.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

I don't like most insects AT ALL. But for some reason I've always liked spiders.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by CathyBogart
    Any creature that comes in purple and fuzzy gets my lovin!

have to agree on the purple thing.... I love purple!
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Oh my..thank you for that Cathy..I literally jumped out of my chair when I saw that picture!!! lol

And yes I am absolutely terrified of spiders..little, big..dosen't matter..keep them AWAY form me!

Just a little bit. I'm not afraid of the tiny ones, but the giant spiders freak me out.
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

not at all, they are fascinating! I lovelove bugs.. I get excited when I see a new one.

pam, to see the beauty. if you see kblaix's garden spider photo, they make huge amazing zigzags!
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

I am petrified of spiders. I don't get it. The smaller they are the more scared of them I am. I have been stung several times by bees/wasps and because I'm not allergic to bees, I would rather be stung any day than have a spider crawl on me. Any day !!!

Quote Originally Posted by i love my piggy
    are you afraid of spiders???
    I am not afraid of spiders at all, I like them to be honest, I live in England so maybe we don't have scary ones here. But judging by the reaction of some of the folk I know we do!

I can pick them up and put them outside, but I only do this because my other half doesn't like to be suprised by them, he used to be totally freaked out by spiders but felt he could not allow a fear or phobia to dominate his life and so got over it. Also other peoples fears are catching and it had started to rub off on me. I found myself having a negative reaction and thought, 'hey this isn't me!' and put a stop to it.

other half respects them because they are quite long lived and we both like to side with the under dog or should that be under spider, they have quite a hard time trying to survive in the world not helped by humans being afraid and standing an them!

I picked 'Yes Very afraid'! I'm sorry if this hurt anyones feelings but I find them absolutely disgusting creatures. Just their look, feel turns me off. I run away screaming if I spot one. I must say though, I find their webs fascinating. It's like some type of art form created by nature. If I see one I take a picture.

There is a spider in front of my house on this bush that is huge. It's always out when I get home from school at around 3:00 PM, so I usually make a run for the door. For some reason I always think he's trying to ambush me.

I'm not afraid of spiders. There are very few animals I am actually scared of.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

i'm not terrified of them but i dont like them much either.i often have them coming in my window but i'd rather leave them alone than squish them.my brothers have found deadly funnel-webs in their house.
    i think i would freak if i saw one that was purple like the one in that pic though lol.