Thread: Hello, my name is Andrea

Hello, my name is Andrea

Hi, my name is Andrea and I'm from Michigan.

I have a dog named Finnigan (13 yo German Shepherd mixed with Norwegian Elkhound) and a cat named Casey (10 yo black American shorthair). I stumbled on this forum because I was trying to find others with similar experiences with their cats in terms of them seeing spirits. My cat often stares at things as if watching things move around the room that aren't there. I recently lost my grandmother (buried her on Monday) and my cat tonight was looking around the room again. I have lost other important people in my life and wonder if he can see them. When he is "staring" at whatever he is staring at, I can't seem to get his attention for anything! Eventually, he snaps out of it and goes along his way, but during those times, it is so freaky....

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and jump in the forums....have a nice evening!

Andrea

Hello and Welcome to PT!

I don't have a cat, I have 2 German Shepherds, but I do believe that animals can see and/or detect spirits.

They are amazing creatures and most people don't give them the credit they deserve. I hope you stick around and post pictures of Finnigan & Casey.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Hello Andrea and welcome to PT. I believe that our furry friends can see spirits.

I have two boxers, Duke and Champ, and a chihuahua named Chopper, as you can see below.

I surely hope that you find our forum very helpful and informative. Hope to see pictures of your two soon.

I also wanted to give you my condolences on your grandmother's passing.
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I will try to post some pics tomorrow...I have a great one of my cat that will be good for Halloween!

Andrea

Welcome to PT Andrea! I am sure you will find this place addictive as many of us do.
    As to your question about cats seeing spirits, I found an old thread discussing the same subject.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...ht=cats+ghosts

I look forward to seeing pics of your furkids.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Hi, and welcome to Pet Talk!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Hi Andrea! Weclome to PT. I'm sure you'll love it here.

My name is Ashley and I am also a Michigander! If you don't mind me asking, whereabouts in Michigan are you? The Hoodlums (my pack of 5 crazy dogs) and I are from the Lansing area.

Can't wait to hear more about you and your pets!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Hi there, and welcome!

Sorry to read about your grandmother's passing.

You will really enjoy it here, we are a nutty group of pet lovers!

Animals can see the "other" worlds, and cats in particular have no difficulty seeing and communicating with them. I have 8 cats, 2dogs, and 2 foster dogs. Looking forward to learning more about you and your pets!

Hi hope you have lots of fun on PT!!! I have a guinea pig!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi everyone, so sorry for not responding until now....two weeks after my grandma died, my mom died. It has been such a difficult time. We knew my mom was sick, but we weren't expecting her to die so suddenly (she had colon cancer and they gave her 1-3 weeks to live -- she didn't last a week). I feel like she is with me and again, Casey still looks around the room like someone is there.

k9krazee, I live just south of Detroit which is about 1.5-2 hours from Lansing if I am not mistaken. I have only been to Lansing once in my life so that numer is probably off.

I'm going to post a picture or two and scan some better ones in later when hubby gets home. He has to set it up for me....

Casey

Finnigan

Andrea

Sorry, I pressed the enter button twice...lol
    Last edited by Andrea; 10-25-2007 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Duplicate thread

Andrea, I am so sorry about your Grandma and you mother. What a sad two weeks for you! I hope things get better. Your animals are just precious! I adore Finnigan. Casey isn't too bad either. Love his eyes. Please stick around and share more pictures of your furkids. We really enjoy them.

Hi Andrea and welcome to PT. I'm sorry for your losses, what a tough time for you!

I'm Amy and I have 3 dogs, Sadie, Cincy and Spot, all rescued mixes. We in NW Ohio, about 45 minutes south of Detroit.

TO PET TALK !!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge