Thread: My Car Was Broken Into!!! :(

My Car Was Broken Into!!! :(

Wow. I'm so shocked.

Woke up yesterday morning at 8am to the door bell ringing... I just ignored it but I guess my Mom got up and noticed to boys walking down our driveway. As she was looking out the front window she noticed glass all over the road infront of my car... sooo I raced outside and saw the the drivers window of my car had been smashed in, my Ipod, Ipod adapter, some jewlery, sunglasses an old camera and who knows what else was taken.... Together worth about $600.

I'm so bummed. Our neighborhood used to be such a safe place. Apparently there have been a lot of car break ins in my area recently. It also looks like they tried to hot wire it, the hood is partly open and jammed, we can't open it or close it. It's supposed to get towed but they still haven't showed up. Anyways, I just needed to vent... People are so low...

Here are a few pics...

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*

Is that a banna they left on the front seat?????

Oh hun I'm so sorry this has happened to you. Its very fustrating when someone violates your personal space. I hope they catch who did it. Do you have insurance that will cover the damage?

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

I hope your mom got a look at them...the police just might have an idea of who they are.

How awful!

I hope your insurance will cover everything - and that these guys are caught so you can feel safer where you live!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am so sorry. My husband's car was broken into four times and each time they made a horrible mess. I understand your feelings completely. Look at the bright side, you and your loved ones are ok. That is all that matters in the long run.

If the perp ate the banana they can get DNA off it. It stinks that your car was broken into.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

That sucks. I am sorry to hear that..

but.. don't get upset with me, or be offended; but I would not leave anything expensive in the car, no matter what; if the neighborhood was safe or not, it's not safe to me either way to leave vulnerable objects in the car. Just be careful next time.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

That's a Cavalier isn't it? I had one of those before my Jetta.
    I'm sorry that happened. We have had a few cars on our court broken into lately as well. And I heard on a road just a bit away from us that homes are being broken into as well.
    At least you are okay. Hopefully you do have insurance. I know that doesn't bring your possessions back.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

That's terrible! I'm sorry to hear

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Thanks for your responses.

Yes, its a Cavalier a 2001... its my baby, and I'm just so upset that someone invaded my personal space... that little car is my pride and joy! Yes, I do have insurance which I'm assuming will cover the cost of all the damage (I hope!)? A man from the insurance corp is supposed to be coming by in the next hour to take a look at it and evaluate the damage and then it's getting towed... just hope they can fix it up soon I miss it so much!

Oh and regarding the banana its mine lol, It was left over from my lunch the day before at work, hehe. As for the two boys that rang our door bell I believe they were just letting us know about the car. The police apparently know or seem to know who is behind these break ins I just hope they get on it and do something about it!!! I've certainly learned my lesson not to leave valuables in the car anymore... I just always thought our neighborhood was safe, guess its not anymore....

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*

Sorry...just find it weirdly funny...that they left the BANANA!

Weren't they HUNGRY?

I guess it already had glass all over it so they left it.

Weird...
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Ive had my car busted into a couple of times...I sympathise because it really is a major invasion of ones personal space.

(((hug!)))