Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Escape- Chino

Escape- Chino

Well I woke up and came on here.... then I heard nibbling at a platic bag... after shrugging it off a few times I turned round to see Chino's cage door WIDE OPEN! In a mad panic I looked around and saw him in the food box nibbling at the bags! So I rushed down to him and he ran off! He went under my wardrobe... so almost in tears at this point so I waited.... I moved something out from under my warbrobe (some shoes) and he ran to my desk. I grabbed a treat and Chino took it.... then I picked him up... and he bit me! Ignoring it I shoved him in his cage and used a wooden tube to stop the door opening... my parents then took over with the tube holding while I went to the bathroom to wash my thumb.. (that was bleeding a lot!)... and to put a plaster on it.
    My parents let go of the tube to see what would happen and he PUSHED the door open! I skidded down on the floor (owww my knees... carpet burn!) and shut it.
    Now we have two padlocks on his door.....

So I am sat here, my knees are hurting, my thumb is bleeding... I am still shaking and
    Last edited by Whisk_Luva; 10-10-2007 at 02:22 PM.
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

Naughty Naughty boy Chino!! You are only allowed free roam when mummy says so. You don't get to decide that it is time to play outside the cage. I am disappointed in you too for biting your mummy!! Shame shame!!

Sorry to hear about your hammie escape scare Ellie. I am sure that was quite frightening thinking you may not be able to catch him and then him biting your thumb. He probably bit out of fear for being snatched up so quickly, as he is use to you being so gentle with him. He doesn't understand it was for his own good.

Unfortunately now that he knows what to do to get out he most likely will continue to try.

I surely hope that your rugburn and your thumb are feeling better...((hugs))
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

Sorry about your pain. My hamster Spunky used to know how to open the habitrail doors and so many humans have problems opening the door with the wierd lock on it :P

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters
    Midnight, Ginny, Kiona, & Eevie-Cats

Yes, I know how you feel and it is very saddening. My gerbils ((thanks to loretta)) got out about 2 or 3 times until i found out how they got out. It's good that you found out how he got out on your first go around. It is very scary... My gerbils got into the laundary room and the kitchen once

I hope your finger is starting to heal and dosn't hurt as much. Chino, you're grounded for biting your mommy! Shame on you little guy! Don't you know we love your mum and you're not supposed to bite her???? Bad little hammy!

Thanks everyone.

Before I picked him up I gave him a treat and a stroke and he was fine... so I gently picked him up and he bit me

My finger has had a plaster on all day so I dont know how it is but I kept knocking my knee on stuff and OWWWW. It also hurts when I bend it...

Well I came home to find Chino still in his cage (thanks to padlocks!) so that was good... I was worrying about it all day

We might by him a aquiruim (sp)... he shouldnt be able to get out of that... *sighs* And I spent so much of my money on his cage
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

Sounds like Chino's taste of freedom went to his little head!!!

Chino, be good!!!

I'd think a padlock on the door should keep him in wouldn't it?

Ellie hope your finger feels better soon. I know their sharp little teeth can really hurt!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

As for the padlocks here is a photo (dont worry about Chino... he is trying to escape again in the photo ):

-Ellie

Quote Originally Posted by Whisk_Luva
    Let me outta dis joint!!! Let me out I tells ya!!!

(If that's not a perfect picture of a little jail bird, I don't know what is!)
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

I can see how that would be easy to open after some time. Whta size tank would you be getting for the little houdini?

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas_Hamster
    I can see how that would be easy to open after some time. Whta size tank would you be getting for the little houdini?
    Its not that easy... it is open in that photo.. As open as it gets with the padlocks It no looser than when we got the cage... just Chino is getting way to clever for his own good

Ha ha! Everyone has been calling him that... along with evil, devil and some other stuff!

I dont know.... we are going to speak to his breeder about it...
    -Ellie

Oh Chino, you have to be good for your Mommy. No more escaping!

Sorry about your finger and your knee, Ellie. Hope you feel better. Hamster bites can really hurt.
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

Ellie, what a time you had! I am glad you caught Chin; and I know your thumb and knees will heal up quickly.

Chino, you sure are giving your mom a challenge! Now don't you go teaching your sweet brother how to do this!

I LOVE that photo of him trying to get out again! Te hee.

No what I meant was that those style of doors over time become easy to open especially for the inhabitants.

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters

Chino, you gave your mum a scare! I wonder if you bit her because you were scared, too? The pic of you with padlocks makes me sad. Please don't try to escape again, okay? You can have free roam when your mum is with you.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678