Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rabbits

rabbits

i love rabbits i have one there so cute... this is my rabbit http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...x/103_1628.jpg
    Last edited by rabbitsroxx; 10-08-2007 at 05:45 PM.

VERY cute bunny! I love the grey ones, they always look extra-soft.

Just wondering, do you have something for your bun to lie on in its cage? The wire can be really hard on their feet. A piece of wood or cardboard for them to lie on takes the pressure off their tootsies from the wire.

Sweet bun.

Am I correct in saying that your bunny is a Rex? I have one too aren't they soft? I also have a mixed breed they are both females and they share a cage. Rex rabbits especially have very sensitive skin on the bottom of their feet and can easily get sores and I agree they need something to rest on in their cage if it is wire. It can be anything from a piece of wood to hay.

Zoe and Oliver you will always be missed wait for me at the bridge babies.

Also owned by 2 cats named Olive and Sophie
    1 bunny named Houdini
    1 syrian hamster named Oreo
    A 17 year old cockatiel named Baby
    7 zebra finches named Beeper, Zeb, Sprout, Buzz, Scout, Jack and Pearl
    7 bettas
    and several tropical fish

Visit Lucy, Maggie, and Gracie's Doggyspace

Quote Originally Posted by baileybun
    VERY cute bunny! I love the grey ones, they always look extra-soft.

Just wondering, do you have something for your bun to lie on in its cage? The wire can be really hard on their feet. A piece of wood or cardboard for them to lie on takes the pressure off their tootsies from the wire.

Sweet bun.
    i dont but if i give him somthing to lie on he will eat it

Quote Originally Posted by 3muttsandaboston
    Am I correct in saying that your bunny is a Rex? I have one too aren't they soft? I also have a mixed breed they are both females and they share a cage. Rex rabbits especially have very sensitive skin on the bottom of their feet and can easily get sores and I agree they need something to rest on in their cage if it is wire. It can be anything from a piece of wood to hay.
    he is a mini rex but he will eat what every i give him

Put down a big slab of carpet, that's what I did with mine. It's fine for them to chew and rip apart. Your rabbit doesn't actually eat blankets.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Your bunny is cute! I used to have a mini rex too.
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitsroxx
    i dont but if i give him somthing to lie on he will eat it
    Rabbits need to chew, it's good for their teeth. A nice piece of wood (make sure it's untreated) would provide a nice place for him to get off the wire and it's something that he can safely chew.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

ok

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132
    Put down a big slab of carpet, that's what I did with mine. It's fine for them to chew and rip apart. Your rabbit doesn't actually eat blankets.
    That sounds like a good idea, I might do that for Cad. I keep hay on the bottom but I might start trying a piece of carpet and see how he likes it; cause Ive been thinking the hay might be 'hot' in the summer time.
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Quote Originally Posted by Genny
    That sounds like a good idea, I might do that for Cad. I keep hay on the bottom but I might start trying a piece of carpet and see how he likes it; cause Ive been thinking the hay might be 'hot' in the summer time.
    who is cad?????lol
    Last edited by rabbitsroxx; 10-08-2007 at 07:02 PM.

Actually rabbits need hay in their diet so why not line the bottom of the cage with it. And actually some rabbits do eat carpet and it can cause intestinal blockages if eaten I wouldn't risk it...

Zoe and Oliver you will always be missed wait for me at the bridge babies.

Also owned by 2 cats named Olive and Sophie
    1 bunny named Houdini
    1 syrian hamster named Oreo
    A 17 year old cockatiel named Baby
    7 zebra finches named Beeper, Zeb, Sprout, Buzz, Scout, Jack and Pearl
    7 bettas
    and several tropical fish

Visit Lucy, Maggie, and Gracie's Doggyspace

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132
    If you put carpet in there, just watch VERY carefully. Some rabbits do ingest the yarn they pull up, and it can be fatal. As long as your rabbit isn't eating it, it's okay, but a piece of carpet with the edges bound is safer.

Quote Originally Posted by 3muttsandaboston
    Actually rabbits need hay in their diet so why not line the bottom of the cage with it. And actually some rabbits do eat carpet and it can cause intestinal blockages if eaten I wouldn't risk it...
    That's a great idea as long as her bunny is litter box trained. If he's not litter box trained he'll be going potty on the hay that he's eating.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

how do you litter train them

Just put the box in the corner that they usually go in, and they should start using the box. That is what the ARBA says, and it worked for my Oslo.

Niņo & Eliza