Thread: Prayers for my foster Frankie's Rescue person and her dogs...

Prayers for my foster Frankie's Rescue person and her dogs...

My foster Frankie was rescued by a woman who has extreme allergies to cat hair and all kinds of animals, but she is just an angel and has come to the rescue of so many cats and dogs (she wearing a mask and gloves while they are confined in her basement). She sent me an update about her two little non shedding dogs, and I think they're poodles, but not the big suckers, and also about herself, and I was just absolutely aghast at what I read...

She just sent this to me a few days ago, and I wish I knew what to do to help her. She was supposed to be adopting her niece's daughter, because the mother had committed suicide. It was just horrible, and lord knows what she's going to be doing at this point.

I know that the breed that attacked her are supposed to be absolute big old loves, and while huge, I thought they were supposed to some of the most tender hearted of the large breeds. I have no idea who raised the dog that did this, nor do I know what happened to him after the attack (she hasn't responded back to my email on that yet). It's just a tragedy. The poor little guy that was attacked had already been in University of Pennsylvania for surgery a few months ago, and he was doing well. This is just so sad for him, and his companion.
    HI JENNIE,

SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN IN TOUCH. I WANT TO BRING FOOD & TREATS FOR THE CATS.
    WE HAD A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE THE END OF AUGUST.

MICKY WAS ATTACKED BY A MASTIFF. IT WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE. HE BROKE OFF HIS LEASH AND CAME AFTER US.
    MICKY WAS SEVERELY INJURED. HE SUFFERED 5 VERTEBRAL BREAKS, 6 PUNCTURES AND A FRACTURED SCAPULA.
    I ENDED UP TAKING HIM TO THE UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T WANT TO DO SURGERY HERE. THEY WANTED IT TO HEAL ON ITS OWN.
    THANKFULLY I TOOK HIM TO PENN. THEY SAID AT PENN THAT IF HE DIDN'T HAVE SURGERY HE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO WALK AND THE MUSCLE WOULD CONTINUE TO ATROPHY. HE WOULD HAVE PAIN ALL THE TIME.
    THEY PUT A STEEL PLATE TO HOLD THE SCAPULA TOGETHER AND 8 SCREWS AND THEN WRAPPED IT WITH WIRE. THEY HAD TO REMOVE A PIECE OF BONE THAT WAS STABBING HIM IN THE BACK AND CAUSING PAIN. HE WAS IN THE HOSPITAL 4 DAYS.

HE HAS TO BE CONFINED TO A CRATE FOR 8 WEEKS AFTER SURGERY. HE HAS 5 MORE WEEKS.
    I TAKE HIM BACK TO PENN IN 3 WEEKS TO BE XRAYED AGAIN TO BE SURE IT'S HEALING OK.
    HE IS DOING OK AND WALKING PRETTY GOOD. I CAN TAKE HIM OUT ON A LEASH TO GO TO THE BATHROOM. HE TAKES A FEW STEPS. HE HAS A LITTLE LIMP BUT IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN BEFORE SURGERY. THEY WON'T KNOW HOW MUCH NERVE DAMAGE HE SUFFERED UNTIL IT TOTALLY HEALS. I'M GOING TO ASK THE VET IF HE THINKS AQUATIC THERAPY WOULD BE BENEFICIAL. THERE IS A PLACE DOWN PAST QUAKERTOWN.

IT HAS BEEN A HORRIBLE ORDEAL. MY OTHER DOG WITNESSED THE WHOLE THING AND IS AFRAID TO BE OUTSIDE. SHE GOES OUT TO THE BATHROOM AND WANTS TO COME RIGHT BACK IN. SOMETIMES I HAVE TO DRAG HER OUT. WHEN SHE'S SLEEPING AND I GO OVER TO HER SHE LUNGES BECAUSE SHE IS SO AFRAID. SHE NEVER DID THAT BEFORE. SHE ALWAYS ROLLED OVER ON HER BACK FOR ME TO RUB HER BELLY. IT IS SO UPSETTING TO SEE HER LIKE THAT.

I MISSED MORE THAN 4 WEEKS OF WORK. I DIDN'T GET PAID FOR MORE THAN HALF THE DAYS. I DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME AND I'M LEAVING DECEMBER 21ST SO THEY ONLY PAID ME FOR THE AMOUNT OF TIME I WOULD HAVE EARNED UNTIL THEN.

I WAS BITTEN ON BOTH HANDS, DISLOCATED BOTH SHOULDERS, PULLED THE MUSCLES IN MY BACK AND BRUISED BOTH KNEES FROM WRESTLING WITH THE DOG. SHE WOULD HAVE KILLED MICKY IF I WOULDN'T HAVE.

WELL THAT'S WHAT HAS BEEN HAPPENING. I WENT BACK TO WORK LAST WEEK BUT ENDED UP WITH BRONCHITIS AND MISSED HALF THE WEEK. IT'S BEEN A HELL OF A SUMMER.

ANYWAY I HOPE YOU ARE WELL.
    I'M MOVING TO VIRGINIA THE WEEK BETWEEN CHRISTMAS & NEW YEARS. I WILL BRING FOOD & TREATS BEFORE I MOVE.
    GIVE FRANKIE MY BEST.

TAKE CARE,
    JAN

Gosh... and I thought I was having tough times with depression... I should be glad for what I do have, and myself together after reading her ordeal!

Oh my goodness! This brought tears to my eyes. This poor woman and her dogs.
    They will be in my thoughts.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Prayers and candles lit.......... please don't judge the whole breed by this dogs behaviour...... as with any living being things are sometimes awry.

Please keep us updated as you know more or hear more. Guess it takes hearing someone elses issues to put our own in perspective, and here I thought I had some issues
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

OMG!!!

What breed of dog was it that had gotten attacked???

Oh how horrible!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I am so saddened and sorry to read this.

Prayers are being said for Jan and her dogs.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

That is terriable!!!!! That poor woman and her babies.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!