Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new addition (updated with more pics)

My new addition (updated with more pics)

Many of you know how much losing Tia last week tore me apart.

Life at home since then has felt so empty and I have felt like such an exterior shell of my former self that I knew I had to reoccupy the void that Tia left with another rat as soon as possible. I am still not over Tia at all and miss her everyday, but today I brought home a little girl I know Tia would have loved me to have.

Her name's Flossie.

She's a nine week old satin-furred blue powder dumbo rat, and a complete bundle of fun. She's very tame although is as yet a bit shy when you try to pick her up, but I know it won't take long for her to gain trust in people. I am in absolute love with her, and I finally feel a little more complete again. She has Tia's eyes exactly, and watching her brings back so many memories of when Tia was her age.

She'll never be another Tia, but personally I don't want her to be. Tia will always be special to me, but I want Flossie to be her own personality, which I can see already, she's a lot less cautious than Tia was and more playful, but probably a little less good at thinking things through before she acts! She is a welcome addition to my life, and I feel like a little part of Tia is with me again.

I'll try and get some better pictures soon, Flossie's not too sure yet about this flashy-box thing.

Zara
    Last edited by Miss Z; 10-07-2007 at 11:43 AM.

Zimbabwe 07/13

She is gorgeous

Congrats
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

Shes so beautiful!

Welcome Flossie! You are such a cutie!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Oh Zara, I got tears in my eyes right now!! She is beautiful and I LOVE her name, Flossie. As a kid, my nickname was Flossie (my last name was Ploss).

Zara,

I know that Tia will ALWAYS be in your heart, honey. She was one special girl!!

(((((((((HUGS FOR YOU TO HEAL))))))))))))

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Zara, I know you miss Tia more then anything, but I really think this little sweetheart will fill that void a little. She is absolutely adorable! I love her name. (((hugs))) Can't wait for more pictures!

Oh welcome Flossie! You are a beautiful lady!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Flossie is so pretty! Of course she will never be Tia, but having her to love will help lighten the pain in your heart from losing Tia.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Awwww.....congrats!! she is a cutie!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Flossie is a doll. Tia would aprove. I know how much you miss your Sweet Tia but Tia is always with with you and knows she can never be replaced.
    ((((HUGS))))
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Flossie is a cutie! Congrats on the new addition.
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

Welcome to Pet Talk little Flossie! Can't wait to see more pics of you and read lots of funny stories!!
    Mandy

Kittycats_delight (Michelle) thanks for the great signature!

Thanks everyone.

Flossie seems very much at home already! She looks very lost and tiny in Tia's old cage (which we moved her into today - how I missed having it in my room for this week past), but I'm sure in no time she'll be hanging off the ceiling bars. :P

It's funny, but not only do I feel like a part of Tia is with me again, but Flossie reminds me an awful lot of Foxy (for those who don't remember Foxy, please do a search for her). She mirrors Foxy not only in her coat colouration, but very much so personality-wise; she's a bit of a kamikaze girl! It's dawned on me that even though highly unintentional, Flossie and Foxy have similar names too!

Already I am feeling so much better, I can watch the beautiful montage that Alyssa made for me without pausing it to regather my emotions now. Flossie has put the memories I had of 'old' Tia to one side and reminded me of the young, youthful Tia that she truly was. It's almost like she's picking up from where Tia left off, and I know she's going to a do a grand job of being my heart pet, just as Tia was.

More pics should be on their way soon, I have taken a few more today but I will wait to take some more until I upload them.

Zimbabwe 07/13

Here's a few more pics I promised.

Yikes I look a bit dopey on this pic

She's doing really great in her new home. One thing that my mum and I cannot help, though, is calling her Tia! When you've been saying that name for two and a half years without thinking about saying anything different, it's hard to start changing it. I'm sure Flossie doesn't mind for the moment, though.

Zimbabwe 07/13

Honey she is cute as a button!!! Welcome Flossie, you got a great Rat Mum there young lady! Take good care of her for us!

p.s. the cats think she is adorable too zara
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be