Thread: Solo went to another home today

Solo went to another home today

Well, Solo went on another trial run today. I really like the people, I have a very good feeling about them.
    They owned a Belgian before (out of Visa's uncle), but he passed away recently and their kids have been bugging them about getting another, so they decided to secretly come visit Solo tonight. And they liked him alot, so he's now going to stay there until Friday. They go away Thanksgiving weekend and don't think it would be fair to take him on vacation when he will not be used to them yet, so they will bring him back on Friday and let me know if they want to take him forever.
    They want to keep him at his usual vet (which I love, because the last people that took him for a trial took him to another vet the day after, and they said he was aggressive with the vet, and I've never seen him behave aggressively before with anyone -- and he LOVES HIS vet), and my vet is holistic and wouldn't push vaccines on them. They seemed interested in raw feeding. And the lady works very close to my work.
    They were very nice. They asked all sorts of questions, like which hand signals and commands I use. And they didn't mind that he is crazy like the wind lol. They think he's absolutely gorgeous, even though he's completely bald (sooo out of coat!).

I have a really good feeling about them. The last person that took him, I cried and cried..and for some reason, even though it seemed perfect, I just knew it wouldn't work. But I feel happy right now, I feel very happy for Solo, and have a good feeling that it will all work out. The husband works at hoem during the day, so Solo will never be alone, and they have 5 older children to keep him very busy and active. It sounds liek a good match. I do wish there was another dog for Solo to play with, but maybe he will become the baby and get alot more attention.

Anyways, wish him luck. I sure hope it works out for him!
    I've been BOO'd!

I know how hard this must be for you, and I hope this home turns out to be the one. I'm so glad to hear that you get a good feeling about this family, they sound like wonderful folks. It's absolutely awesome that they're open to learning about raw feeding and such I think he's going to do great with them.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

That sounds great. Sounds like my family! Dad working from home, 5 children.. hehe. Except my brother moved out and I am now technically an adult.

I think it will work out well. I always prefer to adopt fosters out to families with other dogs, but so far all of my fosters have gone to single dog households and they all do great. They get spoiled rotten and have no one to compete with for attention!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Jordan I am so happy that you may have found Solo the perfect home . He deserves it, And this home sounds awesome!! Hopfully it all works out for Solo We'll miss you Solo!!
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Sounds like you have found little Solo a wonderful home. Will they send you updates on how he is getting on.....
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Brody's Mum
    Will they send you updates on how he is getting on.....
    Yup, they called me lastnight and said they were surprised at how well he was doing. He ran straight to the kids and he apparently loves the backyard. Sounds like he is fitting in well right now.
    I've been BOO'd!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsoul
    Thanks everyone!

Yup, they called me lastnight and said they were surprised at how well he was doing. He ran straight to the kids and he apparently loves the backyard. Sounds like he is fitting in well right now.

Hope the updates include pictures Its great to hear how happy he is
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

That great news!!!

YAY SOLO!!!!

Digi & I will keep our fingers & paws crossed that it keeps working out for Solo

Paws crossed & sending prayers this home works out well for Solo. Sounds good so far!

I;m glad to hear it's working out so far! I'm so sorry you had to rehome him. It was for the best though.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsoul
    I do wish there was another dog for Solo to play with, but maybe he will become the baby and get alot more attention.

That's how I felt when we had to find our bloodhound Annabelle another home; we gave her to some old friends who had 2 sons that wanted her to go hunting/fishing with. Even though I kinda would have liked for her to have a home w/ another dog I was ok with it because I knew they would love her (which they do!) and when I go by to visit with her she seems very happy so I think as long as they give Solo love and attention he will be fine without another dog I'm sure he will turn out to be a HUGE baby!!!
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

It is always good to get that Comfy feeling. I had a dog for a year.. Long term foster I guess. We had been deciding if we wanted to keep her or not. I took her to obedience classes and everything. But every time someone came over with a kid.. she LIT Up... She just enjoyed kids sooo Much, and i knew I needed to find her a home with kids. So, a friend of mine came over with her son *Which he lives with his dad in another city*.. and she loved him, and he loved her.. so, I said something to my friend about his Dad taking her. *they lost there dog about a year before, and it was there baby* Well right around this time.. She found out they took in a chow mix pup from the shelter. Well, there Home ins found out, and told them if they kept it, they would be dropped. :-( So, back to the shelter it went. Her son was sooo Upset! And so was his dad. So, she mentioned Phebe to them. He was excited to met her, and it was like Love at first sight! And.. I was very worried cause they had no other animals, and she loved playing with mine.. But, he brought her down a week later for me to visit with her.. and she was soooo attatched to him, it was like she didn't even remember me. It made me sad she didn't but happy that it worked out so well! If he left the apt to have a cig, she whinned at the door, and when he came in, it was like she hadn't seen him in weeks! So, it ended up a very happy story, and i thought i should share it! I hope Solo has a good ending like she did! :-)

Lots of luck to Solo! It sounds like a good fit.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I wish Solo the best of luck with his new family. Jordan, this family sounds great for him! I bet he is in doggie heaven with all of those kids!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)