Tonight as I walked into the kitchen, Mooky ran passed me to go to his bowl for a little snack. As I went to say something to him and pet him, I stopped right in my tracks.
This is what I saw.

I called the hubby to come and see and for the life of us, we couldn't figure out what happened to him. I didn't notice it at all when I got home when he was walking in front of me. The only conclusion we came up with, is that he must have scraped it under the BBQ some how. I put some Polysporin on it and about 10 minutes later, he was darting from one place to another, tail swooshing back and forth and really freaking me out. So off to the vets we went.
The vet said it could have been from the BBQ or from going under a bed. Mooky NEVER, EVER goes under the beds, so we assumed it had to be the BBQ.
Anyhoo, he is on antibiotics for 10 days as it is a little infected and we are not to put anything on it. The vet had put some kind of liquid, which looked like iodine, on it and that was it. It's in a place where he can't reach it which is good because then he can't irritate it more by licking it. I was so embarassed though, because when the vet lifted Mooky's tail to take his temperature, Mooky pooped right there on the table. Mooky was nervous, but I didn't realize he was THAT nervous. LOL!!! He is resting comfortably now and got his first pill, which he was such a good boy at taking.
Oh yeah, he weighed in at a hefty 17.5 lbs.
Here is a picture of my big handsome boy, Mooky.