Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had to bring my Mooky to the vets tonight. :-(

Had to bring my Mooky to the vets tonight. :-(

Tonight as I walked into the kitchen, Mooky ran passed me to go to his bowl for a little snack. As I went to say something to him and pet him, I stopped right in my tracks.
    This is what I saw.

I called the hubby to come and see and for the life of us, we couldn't figure out what happened to him. I didn't notice it at all when I got home when he was walking in front of me. The only conclusion we came up with, is that he must have scraped it under the BBQ some how. I put some Polysporin on it and about 10 minutes later, he was darting from one place to another, tail swooshing back and forth and really freaking me out. So off to the vets we went.
    The vet said it could have been from the BBQ or from going under a bed. Mooky NEVER, EVER goes under the beds, so we assumed it had to be the BBQ.
    Anyhoo, he is on antibiotics for 10 days as it is a little infected and we are not to put anything on it. The vet had put some kind of liquid, which looked like iodine, on it and that was it. It's in a place where he can't reach it which is good because then he can't irritate it more by licking it. I was so embarassed though, because when the vet lifted Mooky's tail to take his temperature, Mooky pooped right there on the table. Mooky was nervous, but I didn't realize he was THAT nervous. LOL!!! He is resting comfortably now and got his first pill, which he was such a good boy at taking.
    Oh yeah, he weighed in at a hefty 17.5 lbs.
    Here is a picture of my big handsome boy, Mooky.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

LOL nervous cat warning lol. Hope you get better soon Mooky!

Get better soon, Mooky! That patch will be all fluffy again in no time!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Definitely looks like he scraped it on something sharp. Poor Mooky! Big hugs and kissies going out to you from all the girls here!

Oh poor Mooky. I sure hope it heals up quickly for him. Ouch!

Tell him not to sweat the accident at the vet, Ripley's done that too. From the way Rip acted it was suppose to be that way as if he was giving them a sample or something, LOL.

Please give your handsome boy a hug for me.

From Decker with Love

Poor Mooky. I hope he heals up quickly. I'm glad that he can't reach this area or else he might have to wear the dreaded e-collar.

Sorry but I had to laugh about his nervous problem. It would come in handy if the vet needed to get a fecal sample.

My goodness! I bet that did scare you and then him swooshing his tail calling attention to himself to warn you something was amiss... Smart boy!!!

Glad it wasn't something worse..

Last time I had Amy at the vets she salavated so bad she had water pouring from her mouth and that scared the daylights out of me and the vet too, I think. She has never done that before. She always leaves me that suprrise in the kennel by the time I get her home. (That is a car thing because a car ride stresses her out so bad.)

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

OUCHIE!! Glad you spied it (sometimes those injuries get lost in all that hair).

Get well quick, Mooky.

Aw, hope Mooky feels better soon. That looks so sore.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Poor Mooky!! It looks like it hurts. Hopefully it'll heal fast.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Poor Mooky- but I am sure it will heal soon.

Get-well wishes and prayers coming from us all to Mooky!

Purrs from your sister-in-law Poppy, and Peony, Sydney, Elmer, Pat, and Priscilla Angel
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Poor Mooky, We Hope Hes All Better Very Soon.
    The Pet Angels Are Making Him A Snack Pack From The Wonnderful Eateries In Branson Missouri, And We Hope That Makes The Big Fellow Feel A Whole Lot Better!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Poor Mooky, I'll bet that HURT . I hope he is feeling a bit better now.

Have to admit, I LOL when I read how "nervous" Mooky was! Poor thing, give him some nice scritches from me...........

ETA: He is such a handsome boy!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

OUCH! Something definitely took some skin off! Poor Mooky! I'm glad he's being a good boy and taking his meds! Give him some scritchies for me!

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!