Thread: Sewing letters

Sewing letters

Any ideas how I might sew letters into fabric? Like, not really small, but not huge. I figure doing it by hand would take forever, but can you do stuff like that with a sewing machine??

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Draw it on in pencil, then trace it using a contrasting color thread and a zigzag stitch.

Or you can buy the letters in Michael's or a sewing shop. I get the ones wtih the sticky back, you iron them in place, then zigzag stitch the edges. (The glue won't hold long with washing, it is meant to hold them in place while you sew.) This also gives more of a 3D effect. And as I have NO talent at freehand, that is how I do it.

Thanks, I'll try that

Can you embroider? That's what I would do. It's easy and pretty.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Not sure what that is? It's my moms sewing machine so I'm not too sure what it's capable of

Some really fancy sewing machines will do it for you but otherwise you'll have to take it to an embroidering company if you want it to look really professional. I've found it takes some practice to do it nicley by hand but craft stores do have iron on or sew on letters you can buy.

Niño & Eliza