Thread: They said no

They said no

I wanted to adopt a puppy on Petfinder.com and she's located in NJ and they told me I can't because I live in NY. Anyone like to adopt her for me They want to find a place for her in that state only.

I can understand wanting to keep dogs "local" and ship across country, but NY versus NJ? Seems a litlte silly to me, if a there is a good home available.

I know some places won't adopt out to places where they cannot do a home check. Of course, they could arrange to use the home checkers of rescues in the adopters area. Anyway Chris, I am not sure what you are asking. Are you now trying to find another home for a special dog, or are you asking a NJ person to adopt the dog and then re-home the dog with you? Can you place a link to the pup you are talking about?

I'm with what cincy's mom said. I understand not wanting to ship a dog all across the country. Sorry you got dissapointed about not being able to adopt the dog. Ya know there are always LOTS more waiting to find a good home!...in New York!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by lute
    Ya know there are always LOTS more waiting to find a good home!...in New York!
    I second that
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Quote Originally Posted by lute
    Ya know there are always LOTS more waiting to find a good home!...in New York!
    Third that!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human

OMG! Looky! A head tilt precious widdle pumpkin!

I've been Boooo'd!