Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: We REALLY REALLY REALLY need your prayers **** GREAT update post 65

We REALLY REALLY REALLY need your prayers **** GREAT update post 65

This post was made by puckstop31:

Hannah is sick.

At 2am the nurses came in to wake Tanya so she could feed. Before she fed they took Hannah to the nursery for her vitals. The nurse noticed that Hannah was having a bit of trouble breathing, so they called our pediatrician. After that, they admitted Hannah to the NICU.

So far they have run two different courses of anti-biotics, taken a blood sample and a x-ray. Also, because Hannah has birthmarks they took a blood sample on her birthday to test her hemoglobin levels. Thank God that our peditrician also had them run a culture on it as it gets us 36 hours ahead in finding out what might be wrong for sure. Another clue they have to help is they did a biopsy of Tanya's placenta and it showed a low grade infection. The nurses stressed that it being low grade (stage 1) was a good thing as it is a very good indicator of what it is and how she got it.

But right now the neo-natologist thinks it is early stages of bacterial pneumonia. So Hannah will need to be in the NICU for at least 7 days. She will be OK, but it will just take time.

Naturally we are both rather upset and Tanya especially so. But being the amazing person she is, all she could talk about to the nurses was what she needs to do to ensure that Hannah gets all the milk she needs. As I type this she is pumping. We have to check out sometime today as they are really busy in here. (Must have been something in the water those few weeks in January...LOL) So there is no sense in us hoggin up a post-natal room when Tanya is fine, Hannah is in NICU and other new moms need the space. My mom being here is also a Godsend as I will have to go back to work on Monday and Tanya will need to travel back and forth to here at least twice a day.

So we need extra special PT prayers for the next few days, for Hannah and Tanya.

Finally, no news is good news. Do not worry extra if we do not post regular updates. As we learn things we will share what we can. I don't want to get on a regular update schedule adn then miss some time and have you all worry too much.

I said a special prayer for this wonderful community of people. You have no idea how comforting it is to have a family THIS BIG.

My prayer for Hannah...

Gracious Heavenly Father... Thank you for yet another day in your wonderful creation. Thank you for the blessing that is our daughter Hannah. We ask that you watch over her and keep her safe. Be with her doctors and nurses, guide their hands, hearts and minds as they take care of Hannah. Help them to find and treat the infection that she has and make Hannah well soon.

We know You have a reason for everything and will never burden us with more than we can handle. Thank you for the wisdom we will gain through this experience as I know it will make us better parents for Hannah.

For everything we give You praise.

In our Saviors name, Amen
    Last edited by sparks19; 09-30-2007 at 10:24 PM.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Extra special prayers have been said. I will continue to think of Tanya and Hannah and keep them and you in my prayers.

We hope the best for little Hannah. Thanks for the update.

Sending our thoughts and prayers through these next hard days.
    {{{Tanya and Hannah}}}

OOooooo.....Prayers have Been Sent!!! Get better soon Hannah!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Yes.... we really need those prayers this week.

I HATE not being able to bring our sweet girl home. It's killing me to know I have to leave her here.

I have been crying for hours. This is truly the hardest thing I have ever had to do..... but I know that no matter what I am feeling it is nothing compared to what our baby girl has to go through and that breaks my heart even more. She is being such a trooper though. Even though she has an IV and monitors and everything hooked up to her she still slept like a rock. She is awake now and is not even fussing. she's such a good strong girl.

One BIG bonus here is that even though they discovered this because she was having breathing issues .... she has NOT needed to be hooked up to Oxygen. She is breathing fine on her own and her oxygen levels are very good they tell us so the "extra work" she is doing in her breathing is working, which is a good thing.

All I can do right now for my baby girl is stay strong for her.... make sure I eat right and get rest so that I can produce the best milk I can for them to feed her and help her get back to health. but it's amazing how some seemingly "innocent" events in the past few days have put us ahead of the game in getting Hannah better..... an optional blood test that we consented to, a pediatrician that just felt he needed to start a blood culture even though there was no real reason to at the time, being encouraged to stay until Saturday morning (otherwise I would be at home with Hannah and have no idea yet that she was sick) etc etc. I can only thank God and the good people at this hospital for this headstart in helping our baby girl. And Of course I am always silently praying for Hannah and for strength for Brian and I to stay strong and get through this with her.

this is the hardest thing I've ever had to do and we really need all the support and prayers we can get.

Thank you

Nancy: Thank you. Any light you can shed on a situation like this is helpful. you have experience with this kind of thing.... we don't so our imaginations can sometimes get carried away and that's not really a good thing. BTW the first pediatrician called them "stork bites" and said they would fade away. We just keep calling them birthmarks but they aren't really. But yes.... any experience you have to share with us is greatly appreciated.

We do appreciate you letting us know. And please be assured that I and others will be praying for Hannah and your whole family. {{{Hugs}}}

Prayers to Hannah

(Hugs) to you and Brian
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19
    My prayer for Hannah...

Gracious Heavenly Father... Thank you for yet another day in your wonderful creation. Thank you for the blessing that is our daughter Hannah. We ask that you watch over her and keep her safe. Be with her doctors and nurses, guide their hands, hearts and minds as they take care of Hannah. Help them to find and treat the infection that she has and make Hannah well soon.

We know You have a reason for everything and will never burden us with more than we can handle. Thank you for the wisdom we will gain through this experience as I know it will make us better parents for Hannah.

For everything we give You praise.

In our Saviors name, Amen

What a beautiful prayer!! I will add little Hannah and her family to my prayers!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Hugs and prayers sent!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Prayers headed little Hannahs way. {hugs} for Tanya and Brian.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

MANY prayers for Hannah!

I can't actually nurse her right now but I am pumping for her and they are going to send me home with a pump so that I can continue to pump and bring milk in everyday for her. But right now their main mission is to keep her calm and unagitated so she doesn't get worked up (like moving her around and stuff) because that's when she starts to have breathing issues. So they are trying to keep her relatively still. But I am just glad that I will still be able to provide milk for her. When Her breathing starts improving I can start feeding her directly again I believe. But we still don't know everything yet. they did run all those tests but we received so much info so fast I can't remember exactly what each one said. We still have some more meeetings with them so we will know more later.

they definitely let us know that we can call whenever we want to get an update and made sure that we knew that "No news is good news" so if we don't hear anything from them when we are home it means that nothing bad has happened and things are either the same or better. but to feel free to call whenever I feel the need to.

Of course I can come visit her whenever we want to and they will provide us with a "family room" so we can stay all day if we want to. they have been very good to us here and especially now that Hannah is in NICU.

but it's still so scary.

The lactation consultant just came in and said that it was normal for them to not have me nurse for the first 24 hours after she gets sick. She is going to help me get used to pumping but said that I will probably be able to nurse her tomorrow sometime.

Also the pediatrician just came in and he is very optimistic about Hannah. Said it was caught very early and her white cell count is still quite low so she has a very good outlook right now.

They really are great here and are really helping to put us at ease with the whole situation and helping US stay optimistic too.

We're sending prayers and well wishes to you all.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Lots of prayers and ((((hugs)))) sent your way!