Thread: Disabled GSD pup needs home or will be PTS

Disabled GSD pup needs home or will be PTS

My Physics teacher loves GSDs and was talking to her neighbor who's dog just had a litter of GSD pups. Mrs. H says they are "show" breeders, but I highly doubt they are reputable as she told me, "I mean, they PTS any dog that doesn't have the right coat color. That's how much of a show breeder they are." Not only that, but they don't have homes lined up for the puppies.

The pups are currently six weeks old and they've noticed that one of the puppies has no joints in its hind legs. Its hind legs are stiff as a board. Other than that it is a normal puppy and it has learned to get around by doing a hop of sorts.

If the pup can't find a home within a week or two, Mrs. H said her neighbors were going to have it put down. She asked me to look around to see if I knew of anyone who would take the puppy.

I'm not sure if the breeders would be open to a GSD rescue or not, but I'm sure it is worth a shot. Does anyone know of a GSD rescue or someone who would be willing to adopt a disabled pupper around the Lafayette, Indiana area?

**My backup plan is that if the "breeder" (gah, that ticks me off so much ) can't place the pup, I'm going to take it and house it at PawPrints (were I work). I can board it there until I can find a home for it/rescue to take it in and I can get the vets' opinion on it as well (for free. Being and employee there is so nice. ).
    ~My Clan: Blackie, Rose, Chloe (dogs), Casey, Dameon (ferts), Pheobe (kitty), Dot, Louie (Cavies), Joey (Teil), Pikachu (Dwarf Hammie), Sadie (Guide Dog), R.I.P. Rush (15yrs), R.I.P. Lucy (4yrs)~

Keep me updated.. I work with the dobe rescue here, I am sure we can home this baby.
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

You can go to www.petfinder.com and send e-mail to all rescues and shelters near you.

A member here Sudilar works with http://www.gsdrni.org/
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Post the baby at http://handicappedpet.net/help/ , with a pic, if you can. This baby should be adoptable relatively easily.

I am wondering if these people have had a Vet. examine the puppy &
    give them an opinion?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I am surprised they are not out of business....but what can they do?

I'd be mad at whoever agrees to put puppies down because "their coats are the wrong colour".

Any idea who their vet is? I wish he would spay this dog "by accident".

"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm going to get more info on the pup on Monday. If the breeder hasn't had the pups vet checked (I'm assuming he has for deworming and shots since he considers himself a "good" breeder), then if I get the pup I'm going to get it checked out.

Thank you all for the links. I've emailed three GSD rescues (two around Indianapolis and one in Chicago) but I haven't heard anything back from them yet.

I'll give you guys updates as they come!
    ~My Clan: Blackie, Rose, Chloe (dogs), Casey, Dameon (ferts), Pheobe (kitty), Dot, Louie (Cavies), Joey (Teil), Pikachu (Dwarf Hammie), Sadie (Guide Dog), R.I.P. Rush (15yrs), R.I.P. Lucy (4yrs)~

The puppy was put to sleep. At least now he's running around free on the rainbow bridge.

Rest Easy now little pup... you have 2 back legs that work now.

~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome