Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moms what was your labour like?

Moms what was your labour like?

With a gorgeous new baby girl joining th ePT crew today and me being due in 2 weeks I thought this would be a great thread idea.

This will be my 3rd baby. And as all moms know each experience is different. With my daughter, who is my first born, She went 2 weeks past her due date. And even then I had to go in and get teh docotr to stretch me to induce labout. I was in labour for 21 hours. Yup you read right. lol. Adn for 20 1/2 hours of that I was at 2cm's the whole time. Because of my disabilities I could not relax in any way. So my doctor wanted to do a C-section. I opted for the epidural. By this point I was exhausted but within 15 - 20 minutes of recieving it I dialated to 10 cm and was able to push her out into the world.

With my son I had a plan since I knew that there was a chance of the same thing happening with me not being able to relax. Agian I went 2 weeks passed my due date adn the doctor has to agian stretch me to induce labour. So when I went into labour I decided that I would labour without drugs for 10 hours and if I didn't dialate past 2 or 3 cm's then I would get teh epidural. Well that is exactly what happened. So I got the epidural and was able to rest for 3 hours as I dialated up to 10 cm's. Then with 20 minutes of pushing he was born. This time I had a lot more energy. Big difference between 21 hours and 13. Sadly though he had swollowed some of the birth fluid and his potty fluids. So when he was born he could not make any sounds. Scared me to death. For a month he couldn't make more then a whispering noise. But now at almost 3 you would never know it. He has very healthy and strong lungs. lol

I have a plan for this one also. I will go without the epidural for 8 hours and if I don't dialate then I will get teh epidural. That is the plan anyway.

So what is your story? Would love to see the varieties.
    Nicole & Sheena & Ajax

You don't want to hear!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Years ago when I was born ... I was born on the Wednesday after Labor Day. My mom's water had broken during the holiday weekend. I'm the third in my family so she knew what to expect. She and my dad went to the hospital and when her labor was not progressing -- They sent her home! AFTER rupture of membranes, mind you. [That's not done any more!] Things moved along slowly and they went back for delivery. I suspect I was a few weeks premature. I told this story to my GYN and he just laughed and said, "Back in the day..." As far as I know undelivered patients with ruptured membranes stay in the hospital now until they deliver, because of infection risk.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom
    You don't want to hear!
    Sure do or else I wouldn't ask. But that is ok if you don't want to.
    Nicole & Sheena & Ajax

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom
    They sent her home! AFTER rupture of membranes, mind you. [That's not done any more!] .
    I am so glad they didn't send me home then. Luckily Isabeau was born almost 9 yrs ago and that policy had been long gone.
    Nicole & Sheena & Ajax

I was joking, I had a very hard labor the first time that finally resulted in a c section. My second was a vbac but still 24 hours of hard labor. My husband thought he would lose us both with my first, it was pretty scary.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I loved my labor and delivery. I loved it. All of it. Next go, we may try going totally natural. I was told they have Bradley instructors here in this town, and had I known that before Quinn was born I would have taken a Bradley birthing course. I did take a labor and delivery class with hubby, but they didn't teach Bradley in that class.

I hope yours is easy. I hear they get easier with every birth.

Quote Originally Posted by AdoreMyDogs
    Bradley in that class.
    Could I ask what the difference is between an Bradly birthing class and a regular one that they teach at a clinic or hospital?
    Nicole & Sheena & Ajax

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom
    I was joking, I had a very hard labor the first time that finally resulted in a c section. My second was a vbac but still 24 hours of hard labor. My husband thought he would lose us both with my first, it was pretty scary.
    Scary. I am so glad you all made it through safe and sound and ok. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Nicole & Sheena & Ajax

I'm glad things now are different from the way they were in the 60s when I was born!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by AdoreMyDogs
    I loved my labor and delivery. I loved it. All of it. Next go, we may try going totally natural. I was told they have Bradley instructors here in this town, and had I known that before Quinn was born I would have taken a Bradley birthing course. I did take a labor and delivery class with hubby, but they didn't teach Bradley in that class.

I hope yours is easy. I hear they get easier with every birth.
    Yea, me too. I was only in labor for 4 hours plus 1 hour to push. I didn't think the pain was so bad at all, rather a dull ache, not acute. In fact, I felt *no* pain until they broke my water at 5 centimeters. The hardest and most painful part was getting the IV in (7 tries). Next time, I do NOT want them to break my water. I went completely natural (outside of them breaking my water); and just when I thought I couldn't do it anymore, it was time to push.

my first one was 15 hours( 4 weeks early), second 5 hours (4 weeks early) third one 20 minutes (5 weeks early) fourth 10 hours (1 week early) fifth 6 hours ( 3 weeks early) twins 5 hours (born 8 weeks early)
    I'VE BEEN BOO'd

I woke up in the morning and got a bowl of cereal. My water broke as I sitting down to eat the cereal. My husband then called our midwife. He then went to the grocery store to stock up our refrigerator. I went around and gave all the animals their breakfast. My midwife, Karen, came over to check me and assured me it'd be awhile, that was no surprise though since I wasn't having contractions yet. She left to take care of a few things and then came back a couple hours later. Justin and I ate lunch and then my contractions started so we sat and watched a movie. By the early evening my contractions were getting really strong and I decided to sit in a tub of warm water for the last bit of labor. I got out of the tub and into my bed. I started to push and about 45 minutes later Nathan was born. Karen laid him on my chest and I just got to kiss and cuddle him for a few minutes before she took him to clean him up. I loved having a home birth.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Quote Originally Posted by KBlaix
    I loved having a home birth.
    Now that is the way I wish all my labours went. Sounds like a very relaxd adn wonderful experience.
    Nicole & Sheena & Ajax

It was horrible for me!!! I was in labor for atleast 30 hours and ending up losing alot of blood, got dehyrdated. Had 2 epidorals, had to have my son sucked out by that suction thing ( forget whats it called). ending up with a second degree rip and needed alot of stitches. All I know is I pushed like CRAZY for a diet soda!! I couldnt drink until the baby was out and I was craving a diet coke so bad, the docs and nursing were saying Push for a soda, push for a soda! but in the end it was still amazing and well worth the pain and trouble.