Thread: IMOM Pets Currently in Need of Donations

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

IMOM Pets Currently in Need of Donations

As of this writing, the following PINs (Pets in Need) are in need of additional funds thru IMOM in the amounts shown. Please be sure to visit a PIN's thread for fund updates, which may be posted throughout the week.

Mollie Baxter
    IMOM PIN Since June 29
    Mollie is a 7-year-old black Labrador who was diagnosed with cancerous tumors on her stomach. She is currently undergoing five chemotherapy treatments. We need to raise an additional $562 to get Mollie to All Funds Raised. To read Mollie's PIN page, click here. To visit Mollie's thread, please click here. To donate to Mollie, please click here and specify "GF - Mollie Baxter."

Ollie Cromer
    IMOM PIN Since September 15
    Ollie is an 8-year-old Jack Russell Terrier who tore both cranial cruciate ligaments. Ollie's mom has already had the right tear repaired, but Ollie needs help with funds to repair his left knee. We need to raise an additional $611 to get Ollie to All Funds Raised. To read Ollie's PIN page, click here. To visit Ollie's thread, please click here. To donate to Ollie, please click here and specify "GF - Ollie Cromer."

Hallie Jones
    IMOM PIN Since September 21
    Hallie is an 8-year-old kitty who has hyperthyroidism. She needs I-131 radioiodine therapy to cure this disease. We need to raise an additional $305 to get Hallie to All Funds Raised. To read Hallie's PIN page, click here. To visit Hallie's thread, please click here. To donate to Hallie, please click here and specify "GF - Hallie Jones."

Copper Contreras
    IMOM PIN Since September 23
    Copper is a Chihuahua mix pup who ran outside after another dog and was hit by a car. He has multiple fractures and needs surgery. We need to raise an additional $835 to get Copper to All Funds Raised. To read Copper's PIN page, click here. To visit Copper's thread, please click here. To donate to Copper, please click here and specify "GF - Copper Contreras."

Buster Catahoula Rescue
    IMOM PIN Since September 23
    Buster is a 1-year-old rescued Catahoula with bilateral medially luxating patellas. He needs surgery on both knees. We need to raise an additional $1099 to get Buster to All Funds Raised. To read Buster's PIN page, click here. To visit Buster's thread, please click here. To donate to Buster, please click here and specify "GF - Buster Catahoula Rescue."

Tanner Smith
    Sponsored IMOM PIN Since April 25, 2007
    Tanner is a 7-year-old dog diagnosed with diabetes. He needs monthly sponsorship to assist with medical treatment, including insulin. Tanner currently needs an additional $60 a month in sponsorship. To read Tanner's PIN page, click here. To visit Tanner's thread, please click here. To help Tanner with a monthly sponsorship of any amount, please click here and specify "DPF - Tanner Smith."

Gracie Fulbright
    Sponsored IMOM PIN Since August 15, 2007
    Gracie is a 15-year-old cat diagnosed with chronic renal failure. She needs monthly sponsorship to assist with medical treatment, including fluids and medication. Gracie currently needs an additional $153 a month in sponsorship. To read Gracie's PIN page, click here. To visit Gracie's thread, please click here. To help Gracie with a monthly sponsorship of any amount, please click here and specify "CRF - Gracie Fulbright."
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Good news! All funds have been raised for Hallie. She will begin treatment on Tuesday. Wish her luck!

Now you've done it. I joined and am going to be giving a little money to Mollie's cause. I've gotten fond of Labs since I got Dasher.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Quote Originally Posted by dukedogsmom
    Now you've done it. I joined and am going to be giving a little money to Mollie's cause. I've gotten fond of Labs since I got Dasher.
    tee hee Thanks for helping Mollie!

I'm sorry to say that Copper's case had to be closed due to non-compliance. IMOM requires applicants to post at least once a week and to stay in contact. Copper's family never posted and stopped responding to phone calls and e-mails. I hope that Copper received the treatment he needs.

Hallie has had her radioiodine therapy. She is being quarantined, but you can watch her on Camera 3 and 4 at: http://www.vdic.com/owners/owners_ra...ine_catcam.asp

Sadly, Mollie's situation is a lot worse now. She has a wound on her foot that won't get well and another tumor. She may need radiation I'm so sad over this. When I first found out about her, she was doing really well.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

IMOM is currently not accepting any more applications for assistance. I'm going to call the rescue organization I got him from and ask them if THEY can help me. This is a very serious situation. He may even lose his eye. Depending upon how big and deep the ulcer is.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Donna, sometimes a local Humane Society may also have some funds, but mostly for spay-neuter. However, ask everyone you can think of?

Did the vet give you an estimate on the surgery and dental?
    (Sorry to be OT). Will look for update in Cat Health
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

No, but I'm sure they can give me a ballpark figure. Since he's only 3 years old, we're going to forego the blood tests (I think they did tests on him when he first arrived) prior to his surgery.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Donna ~ What's going on? Is someone sick? I don't know the background story.........

Other groups to try: Cats in Crisis

Feline Veterinary Emergency Assistance Program
    http://www.fveap.org/sys-tmpl/door/