Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ciao From Italia!

Ciao From Italia!

Hello PT!

I have been away for a very long time but have been lurking for a few weeks and decided to pop in and say hi! All is well with my family. We moved to Italy 5 months ago. Draker likes it here. He has made a few new doggy friends that he plays with several times a week and some new human friends as well!

Andrew, Drake, and I are still travelling all the time, visiting new places, trying new foods, and experiencing life and the world. I have to upload some new pictures to share.

Drake turned 7 this year and is doing great. He keeps amazing me with how gentle and calm time and patience have made him.

I am out of town until next week, but here is one of Draker (for the fans, of course!)
    This one is about 7 months ago with his uncle Michael, Andrew's brother.

Yes, it has been a VERY long time!!
    It's so good to hear from you and it's great to hear you're still traveling the world and living life it the fullest!!
    I hope there's more pictures!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by DoggiesAreTheBest

Andrew, Drake, and I are still travelling all the time, visiting new places, trying new foods,
    and experiencing life and the world.
    HI, Drake!!

Still the Doggie World Traveler, huh?
    Tell the Folks you'd like your OWN lappy-top 'puter -
    so YOU can do a better job of keepin your PT Buddies up to date!

Is you Dad still in the Millitary?
    Hope you're ALL staying Safe & Healthy ... Please keep us *posted*!

/s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Ciao also from Italy. It is nice to see another PTer from my neck of the woods. I am in Vicenza. The new manager where my hubby works (he works for AAFES) was sent from Aviano. Are you enjoying Italy and settling in? Doing ok with the language? Or did you speak it before coming here?

Drake is a gorgeous boy. Hope to see more of him.

My name is Michelle BTW and would be glad to tell you some places to visit if you want.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Oh wow what a pleasant suprise . Great to hear from you, safe travelling.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

HELLO! HELLO! HELLO!

What a nice surprise

I've been wondering how you and the family are doing. I'm very glad to hear your all doing fine and having a wonderful life.

Thanks for the pic!

Lots of hugs to Draker and you too Souraya!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

This is a welcome surprise, Souraya!!!! Italy? Last time we heard from you, I think you had come back to the States, and I was so in hopes of having the opportunity to see you. I don't see much chance of that happening if you are in Italy! LOL!!!

Drake looks wonderful, as usual. I'm so glad you guys are having a good time exploring a new country.

Details, Details, please!!!!!

I can't remember the last time that we talked, but things have changed a lot around here. We've had a lot come and go since the last time we caught up, I think. It has not been an easy couple of years, for sure. I know you know Scott and Helen, and Honey, Butter, Roger and Milly, though. Our Lilly, Zipper, Mimi and Murphy have left us, though. Ben is a Golden Retriever, a rescue boy, who joined us about two months ago. Mack is an English Bulldog, who we got as a puppy, over a year ago, after we lost our Zipper (rescue Golden boy).

Logan, Scott, Helen, Honey, Mack, Ben, Butter, Roger, Milly and Otto

Oh Souraya!! You have no idea how much you ALL have been missed. I have gone through serious Drake withdrawls and almost afraid to ask too many questions. I was out of touch for a bit myself and was afraid to ask when I re-established my PT connection. More pictures when you have a moment (yeah, I know, I'm a fine one to ask for pictures when I haven't even figured out how to post pix myself ). So what's up with you and Andrew and Drake in Italy? For how long? I will second Phreds Q.... Andrew still in the service? When you three return to the States we are all going to have one HE..ck of a meeting!! I'll be the one with bells on
    ~ at least I'm not...

Thanks for the warm welcome back. I have no excuse for being away from PT now expect for my travels. So, I hope to be around more.

Andrew is still in the military. He loves Aviano and is so happy with his new assignment. He loves to fly and his new job takes him to many new places every week. He is away alot, but at least he is safe and not deployed again. We were terrified of the possibility, which is why we chose Italy.

I am not working and therefore a bit bored most of the time. A few years ago I really got into cycling and competing so I train everyday and we live at the foothills of the Italian Alps, so we climb, hike, and camp regularly. Out of pure boredom, I discovered another passion that still has the closest people to me confused. Gardening! My yard looks amazing and I grew my first herb garden and summer vegetables this year! The positive thing about not working is that I am so active and have all the time for Drake. He is my constant companion and I love spending so much time together. We garden together and pick fruit of our trees (he loves figs!), go to the lake, have scheduled weekly play dates with his friends, among so many other fun activities.

Michelle, I would love to meet you. I have never been to the base in Vicenza, but drive past the town all the time. I am a big fan of Verona and go there frequently. I will PM you and we can have a small Italy PT meeting!

These are about a year old. From last summer when we visited my grandparents in FL. Drake has his summer lion haircut :

Last edited by DoggiesAreTheBest; 09-25-2007 at 12:46 PM.

Drake is gorgeous. You haven't posted much since I have been a member, but you have posted enough so that I know Drake is not only handsome, but also a very adventurous pup that always seems to know how to have a good time. Hope to be hearing a lot more about him and you from now on.

OMG...it is so great to hear from you! It has been so long. I am so happy that things are going well for you. Sounds like you are keeping yourself very busy with your new hobby and all the hiking, climbing and cycling. Geesh, I wish I had your energy. I'd just like to hang out with you for awhile so I could get into shape...lol.

I'm extremely happy to see Drake!! What a handsome boy he is and I've missed him. Please don't stay away for so long this time. You have to keep us up to date on things. We always love hearing about your adventures.

Hugs and Tailwags...Robin, Katie and Tori.

Wow it's been a long time, Souraya. Welcome back Drake is stunning, as always. How neat that you get to travel so much, and what a fun place to call home!!!

I still have Kersey, my GSD/Rott mix, but Graham is now playing at the rainbow bridge. I added a new pup to the mix, Boone. He's a GSD. And added a skin kid 7 months ago, too, of which you've probablly seen pictures if you've been lurking

So nice to see you again, welcome back and keep the photos coming

It's so great to see you guys! Glad all is well. Boy, Drake sure does live the life, travelling all around!

I don't think you've met my newest boy, Mufasa, you can see him in my most recent picture thread.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

It's great to hear from you again. I'm so glad you both are well & happy.
    Drake is just as gorgeous as ever I see. Please do pop in to PT more often.
    You have certainly been missed.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

aww he is handsome!
    I've always wanted to go to italy. but, other from canada when i was 4, I have never been out of the country. and i can't go to germany with my german class this year, so it looks like it's staying that way.
    oh well.

Are you enjoying being in italy?!
    in on the joke and i cant stop laughing