Thread: Aspirins for Dogs

Aspirins for Dogs

Does anyone know if giving 81 mg aspirin to dogs(that is the enfant aspirin) is detrimental for dogs suffering with arthritis??

A lot depends on the size of the dog. Please consult your vet for the most accurate information.

Our pharmacies sell coated ones especially for dogs, our vet will tell people to get them there because it costs less.
    I think if they aren't coated they harm their stomachs...baby aspirin probably are harmless, but the advice about checking with your vet for right dosage is what you should do before using any meds.

best thing for arthritis is liquid glucosamine
    I'VE BEEN BOO'd

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Better to check with the vet. Ours recommended Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate for Sascha (60 pound dog). It helped a lot with her arthritis. http://www.glucosamine-arthritis.org...proaches5.html
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

As my vet put it aspirin should only be used short term. Mostly as an emergency situation. Only use until your vet and you can work out a better treatment plan (and make sure to get the directions on using it from your vet based on your dog's breed, weight, past health records, and current physical condition.)

It should also be crushed and administered in liquid so that it'll go right to the bloodstream, and out of the digestive system ASAP.

As always i recommend EVA in the case of arthritis. (If that is what the vet has determined the dog is suffering from.)

Quote Originally Posted by LovePets
    Does anyone know if giving 81 mg aspirin to dogs(that is the enfant aspirin) is detrimental for dogs suffering with arthritis??

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Reilly is allowed a half of a baby asprin only when its absolutely necessary for his hips, i think i have only given him one twice and that is it. they are trying to find a supplement for his hips that does not make him sick to his tummy.