Thread: Stupid PetSmart >:(

Stupid PetSmart >:(

I got paid today, so I rushed over to PetSmart to buy some proper puppy food for Digi. I wanted Merricks. Turns out PetSmart doesn't carry Merricks!!!!!! How stupid is that? Its a great brand & its not there. I have no idea where to find it & I don't know where there are othere pet stores. So I ran around with my head cut-off looking for another brand that I personally approve of.

I was going to go science diet, but it oddly had Py-Product as the first ingredient, so I said EWWW & put it back. Royal Cain was too confusing. There were all kinds of food for different breeds & I have no idea what Digi is, so I looked at Nutro, as thats the cheapest food I'll use (willingly). They had 4 diff kinds of puppy food, regular & large breed. People still think Digi might have GSD in her & thats a large breed. Collie is also a large breed, so I went with the large breed. Then I had to choose from lamb & rice, or Chicken & Oatmeal for sensitive stomachs. Both were priced the same (ok all 4 were), so I didn't know which to get.

One bag randomly had a 10% off on it. I looked the bag over & there was nothing wrong with it.. the food is good until 2008 like the other bags & there was no damage what so ever. I asked the cashier why the 10% was on it, she called the super & she said thats not where they put the sticker & there is always a reason why on the sticker.. She said it looks like someone put it on there just because. I said oh.. she grumbled & allowed the disscount.

Its a med sized bag, so it should last Digi quite a while, & then I'll be able to find a place that sells Merricks & save up to buy a large bag. This bag was 25.00 & the same sized bag for Merricks is about 40.00. The large bag is 71.00. I'll be so happy when I can buy her that stuff, as I liek turning it into gravy & I know she LOVES that brand. She'll gobble it all up, where she picks at the poo food she was just on.. I hope she likes this bag of Nutro.

I'm assuming you live in Canada as your by line is 'Crazy Canadian' so I'm wondering if you live near a Ryan's Pet Foods or Global Pet Foods. It's the same chain but I think they're independently owned, if that makes sense. Anyway, I know that they carry Merrick. They're the only store that carries Innova where I live. Pet smart and those big stores don't usually carry the holistic brands. If you live near a Ren's Depot they would have it too. Try their website and maybe they'll have a page that tells you where you can buy it.

I've personally never heard of Merrik's. Atleast I don't think so. I hope Digi likes her puppy food and good luck on finding the food you want to use.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Go here:
    http://www.merrickpetcare.com/locator/

You can enter your province and it will give you some stores that sell Merrick in your area.

Merrick is a "Small" brand and they do not sell in any of the major chain pet food stores. You can purchase it online at their site and have it delivered, or go to other sources online (waggintails.com is one).

I love the Merrick products. Hopefully you can find them in your area!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Their canned foods are amazing - they look like human made stew! You might want to try it yourself! Anyway good luck in finding it.
    "Take a dog and make him prosperous, he won't bite you. That is the principal difference between a dog and man." - Mark Twain