Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: URGENT Prayers needed NOM

I am so happy to hear that Suzie is doing better. Big ((((hugs)))) to poor meowmie. I know all too well how scary this very situation is.

I had a very similar thing happen when my Hallie was spayed in 2003.

She was dropped off at 7AM, spay done by noon, all was supposedly well, pick her up by 7PM. Simple right? No way.

I was there at 7PM. The vet's office stalled me for an hour and a half, telling me she was still waking up. Finally at almost 9PM, they gave me my now "awake" cat, who was breathing, but not moving at all, eyes closed, face almost completely nose-down in her carrier. The vet told me that she had been an “anesthesia hound” (yes, that is an exact quote), and that she had required almost twice the normal dose of anesthesia. To this day, I am convinced that he almost killed her that day (and I soon switched vets after this incident).

Once home, I left her in her carrier, and it was 2AM before she moved at all. Over the next few hours she woke up a little bit, just enough to vomit twice. I took her out of the carrier to clean it, and she pathetically stumbled (falling over several times) the approximately 3 feet to her catbox, where she peed. She then stumbled another very sad few feet, collapsed, and passed out again for another ~6 hours. After that, she finally slowly woke up normally, and within 2 days was happily trying to rip out her stitches (she needed to wear a "cone" for 2 weeks) She recovered fine, and is still well today.

Diane (who is sorry for the hijack/epic post, but I can so totally sympathize)

Here is a photo I took of Hallie once she passed out that first night (I hope that it isn't too graphic - I couldn't figure out how to thumbnail it ):

it is wonderful to hear your angel is fine! Io my beloved boy did not make it .....so I do truly know your anguish. WTG suzie! Katie you are a blessed Meowmie!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

I am so sorry that both of your cats had a terrible experience. Io was a handsome boy, that is so sad
    And poor Hallie, that is EXACTLY what Suzie did, the falling/ collapsing, and then back into coma like state. SO SCARY!

I truly was worried that Suzies heart would stop... I was on the phone with Melissa,and I went to check on Suzie, and her breathing was so low, my heart sunk, I thought she was not breathing. Panic set in....

But today her vet appointment went well. I took her to another vet that I have used for the younger kitties, and they said she looked good, was a bit dehydrated, and that I can continue the baby food with her regular food for a few days. She is only 2.8-3 pounds. A very TINY 1 year old. That is why I waited so long to spay her, I had to save money and hoped she would get bigger.

Anyways, thank you once again for your prayers and support. *HUGS* Kt and kitties

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

I am so relieved to hear that Suzie is doing well
    Now, both Suzie and meowmie can get some much-needed rest & recovery time.

Diane

I had a similar experience with my foster Kelsey! They had to call the vet back in to the clinic. She gave her a reversal and it helped fairly well. At least she was awake, but she was still very groggy for quite some time. I know how scared I was just for that short time. Bless all of your hearts who have lost or almost lost kitties to this!

I'm so glad that Suzie is on the mend!!!

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

How horrible for both of you. Katie, I am so sorry this happened to Suzie. Poor little thing. You must have been frantic and I am so glad things are looking up for her. Are you going to change vets?

We'll continue praying for her and maybe she'll be back to her old self soon.

((((hugs))))
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Just a quick update! Suzie is doing SO MUCH BETTER today! She is eating, still not enough BUT she loves her babyfood. She is back to her normal mean self Thank you all so much for the prayers and thought for my Suzie girl! Kt and kits

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Katie, I'm so glad to hear that Suzie is doing well. I hope that she continues to be a happy and healthy cat for many more years to come.