Thread: A sneezing cat....ugh

A sneezing cat....ugh

My poor Magic! She has had a rough time lately. I've taken her to the vet twice last week because of her stomach troubles. The vet ran some tests and found some odd shaped bacteria in her stool. She put Magic on an antibiotic and also gave her a pred. shot. Finally, her stomach is back to normal this week but now she is sneezing! It just started today. I don't know what to make of it. Is it possible that her immune system is low and she has a cat cold or could it be something else? Any thoughts?

Owned by Booboo, Magic, and Shadow
    RIP my precious Panther, BooBoo, and Shadow. Mommy misses you!
    ------------------

Yep, my guess is that the pred knocked down her immune system and she just has a cold. As long as she has some nice smelly food to eat that can tempt her even through the congestion, she'll probably get better on her own.

Love, Columbine

She is eating and drinking on her own. However, she is still sneezing and her eyes are a little watery. I will give it another day or two and see if she improves otherwise we will be going back to the vet again. Ugh.... a very expensive month.

------------------

Things have taken a turn for the worse. Magic is now vomiting too. I called the vet today and am bringing Magic in this afternoon.

Everytime I think she is getting better she ends up getting worse.....1 step forward and 2 steps backward sort of thing. I have a sneaky feeling that she is experiencing a very vicious circle of IBD and a low immune system brought on by the pred. shot to treat the IBD. Ugh...My little fur baby.

------------------

Magic

Antibiotics will kill other bacteria, even good bacteria, which can cause intestinal symptoms. I would agree with that as being the cause. Poor baby! It's almost like the illness is preferred over the treatment sometimes! I know my cat would rather sneeze than endure the benadryl I've tried to give her!