Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maine Coon Cats and Kittens

I love the odd eyed brown tabby and white. I have been going to cat shows for over 10 years and have never seen a tabby that had gold and blue eyes. All three are very beautiful. And the butt shot made me laugh! What a great pictures. Thanks for sharing them.
    Tiny Paws (!?!) ready to walk in and on your heart. They will dig a hole and plant themselves there and grow like weeds wrapping themselves around your heart and soul.

Kym, I HEARD that!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Your Storm looks SO much like my Smudge (who turns 12 in December!) I haven't photographed him in a while because his face is all scratched up from itchy allergy lesions, poor baby! But he's finally rediscovered the joys of canned food (with his allergy medicine mixed in) so he'll be mugging for the lens again in a little while.

Love, Columbine

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz
    Here's Storm. He started out with shorter fur but then as he aged it became longer and fluffier. It's also very soft and silky so he never gets matted. He'll be 12 years old in Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by kimlovescats
    Kym, I HEARD that!!!

*looks very innocent*

wow these cats are all so beautiful...I will just go sit over here by Panda..................
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

This is Dancer a blue mac patch. And Dancer's glamor shot

Here is Annie and Ginny they are sisters.
    Tiny Paws (!?!) ready to walk in and on your heart. They will dig a hole and plant themselves there and grow like weeds wrapping themselves around your heart and soul.

Quote Originally Posted by columbine
    Your Storm looks SO much like my Smudge (who turns 12 in December!) I haven't photographed him in a while because his face is all scratched up from itchy allergy lesions, poor baby! But he's finally rediscovered the joys of canned food (with his allergy medicine mixed in) so he'll be mugging for the lens again in a little while.

Love, Columbine
    Oh,yes when you posted a picture of him I thought that they could be twins. He also gets very itchy if he eats food that has a lot of fish in it. He loves food with fish but it doesn't love him. He'll start loosing the fur on his ears and then on part of his face. He's on a grain free diet that has fish in it but I also try to buy some nonfish wet food to mix in with it so he won't become too itchy.

Quote Originally Posted by rpcathouse
    I love the odd eyed brown tabby and white. I have been going to cat shows for over 10 years and have never seen a tabby that had gold and blue eyes. All three are very beautiful. And the butt shot made me laugh! What a great pictures. Thanks for sharing them.
    Thanks. Yes, Ziggy Stardust is a very unique looking cat. She and her brother,who is an orange and white short haired cat,were dumped at a feral park. I adopted her from K & L who is another PT'er and she and her husband live in Arizona. They ended up keeping Ziggy's brother and his name is Chowder.

rpcathouse, I see that you've figured out how to post pictures. These kittens sure are adorable. Please keep the pictures coming.

It took a while to get it done but finally did it. With changing jobs and the cats not much time to play. And now I have a new litter that was born Sept. 25th my time is even less. Here is a picture of the new litter. There is 4 red and white males and one female a blue tortie and white.

If I ever got a cat, I think I would like a Maine Coon. But I don't know - I've never had a kitty, but plan to get one once I'm out on my own.

I've never had one before, though, so I don't know what breed would best suite my lifestyle.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Rudy

I'm very thrilled that my first post on here is going to be about my Rudy! She just turned 14 at some point this month. She's at least part Maine Coon, but she's always been rather small for one, around 7-9 pounds. She's extremely vocal, she never "meows"- it's either a squeak or a howl. She absolutely loves to be brushed, and she's made it her hobby to bother anyone in the house to brush her at any time of day, including the middle of the night!

(Yep, that's me holding her!)

(Her eyes are green, but the camera sorta "enhanced" them in the above pic.)

Hi, I'm kind of late in discovering this post and replying to it but here's my Maine Coon. His name is Tiger and he is about 11 years old. I found him living as a stray in a snowbank in Quebec, Canada. He was literallly living under a pinetree! One night he ran into a video store across from his pine tree (I guess to try and get warm) and that's when I decided to take him home. I canvassed the neighborhood to make sure I wasn't taking someones cat and everyone said "oh ya, that's one of the cats that live under that tree" He was about 10 months at the time. He is an awesome cat and I think so majestic. When he runs he reminds me of a lion running in a field with his mane blowing to one side! LOL
    I included a pic of his paw because I'm amazed at how big they are. He's a very sweet cat but I wouldn't want to get on his bad side. He can be ferocious, but with good reason usually (like another cat trying to overthrow his position as 'king' of the household which they try from time to time).

[IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [IMG]

How lucky for Tiger and for you! He is a handsome boy. Love those big brown tabbies.

Boscoe