Thread: What do I do now?

What do I do now?

I have 3 kittens I found that were about 3 weeks old when I got them. I have had them for almost 2 weeks and have bottle fed them. Now I would like to know if anyone has any ideas on how to wean the kittens. I have tried Tuna Fish and a kitten formula that is called Second Step. But they still would rather drink from the bottle and I want to make sure they get enough nutrietion.

Any ideas?

Sounds like a question for Aly who has fostered many young kittens. Aly?
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Jackee,

Take a little bit of formula and pour it over a can of kitten food. Put it in a saucer or a plate. Make sure you put down newspaper as kittens can get VERY messy. They will actually walk in it till they get the idea. Put their face in it gently so they get the taste of it and let them go to town. You'll be amazed how quick they'll learn. Good luck!! Let us know how you make out.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!