Thread: Taking pictures

Taking pictures

My sweetie, Mickey is an 11 year old border collie mix with the cutest face you could ever want. I try to get pictures of her w/her ears up as she otherwise has them down which gives her a bit of a "poor puppy" look. If I say her name to get her ears pricked up, then she of course comes towards me. I have several blurry pictures of a nose, top of a her head, you get the idea. Anyone have tips of getting them to pose? I look at the pictures here and they're wonderful. Also, how do you put pictures right in the post instead of a thumpnail?

Thanks!
    Mickey (border collie barker), Charlie and Missy's (watchcats superb), Mom.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mickey porch.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	37462   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mickey1.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	37464  
    Last edited by NancyNW; 09-17-2007 at 03:55 PM.

Hello. I don't really have any suggestions for good picture taking. I do have call words that I use instead of their names that usually make them look and perk up without coming towards me, such as "kitty" "whose that" "listen".

To put a picture on here you can download your pictures to photobucket, then resize them. When you come back to PT and open your thread go to the little 'insert image' (looks like a mountain). Click it and copy the IMG from the photobucket and paste it in the little box that opens up. Good gracious I hope that is understandable. Let me know if you need more help. I think I had to be told by two or three different people before I got it right LOL.

She is a pretty girl by the way. Hope to see more pictures of her.
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

She is adorable. I couldn't make the second picture any bigger, but I did get the first on to open up. I agree with Welovespuppies, use words other than her name that will make her look attentive. Like "cookie". But if you use "cookie" I would give her a piece of cookie after the picture . Or you can use sounds that she is not used to hearing like whistling or saying "woopwoopwoop" ( , not that I make silly noises like that around my dog ). Just something to make her look attentive. However, having said all of that, most of the time Ginger's ears are down, too. So maybe my advise isn't so good.

Thanks for the tips. I hadn't thought about using something other than her name. I also attached a different pic w/her "poor puppy" look. What a face!

I usually hold a treat in my hand and tell my dogs sit, stand, or lay down depending on how I want the picture. Their ears usually go up if I have a treat.

Zoe and Oliver you will always be missed wait for me at the bridge babies.

Also owned by 2 cats named Olive and Sophie
    1 bunny named Houdini
    1 syrian hamster named Oreo
    A 17 year old cockatiel named Baby
    7 zebra finches named Beeper, Zeb, Sprout, Buzz, Scout, Jack and Pearl
    7 bettas
    and several tropical fish

Visit Lucy, Maggie, and Gracie's Doggyspace

OMGoodness, she reminds me so much of Bailey in that second picture. I think I am going to have to send this link to PJ's mom (also Bailey's mom). She is so sweet looking.

With my RB Duke, I'd ask him if he wanted to go for a ride. He was also crazy about squirrels so I'd say squirrel. Now Dasher is different. I hadn't been having much luck until my last photo session. I decided to hold his much treasured tennis ball. That worked great! So, discover what your dog likes. Is it food? If so, hold a treat wherever you want your dog to look. Find out what they like. Your dog is a cutie, by the way. Ears up or not.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

First up Mickey is gorgeous . I usually use a ball or food to get their attention, and a good 'stay' or 'wait' comes in handy aswell.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*