Thread: Looking for a no-kill shelter

Looking for a no-kill shelter

Hi PT friends! Soncat and I need to find a no-kill shelter in the Mercer County area of New Jersey. There's a little kitten on our street, an adorable little gray and black tabby no more than 2 or 3 months old. About a week ago I saw the kitten for the first time as a bunch of kids were chasing him. Fortunately the kids left him alone when I told them to stop. By the time I came inside and got a can of food for him, the little one was gone.

This morning I was waiting for a friend to pick me up for church and there he was at our gate! I was able to give him a can of cat food that he literally inhaled. Soncat went out to make sure the dog next door didn't chase him away from the food, the baby ate the entire can! I feel better knowing the kitten has a tummy full of decent cat food.

Unfortunately we can't keep him. This poor little one won't survive here because of heavy traffic, stray dogs, and other dangers of being in the city. We want this cutie to have a chance for a furever home and a life filled with love. We don't know where he is now so our plan is to try and get him into Groucho's carrier if he comes by again then call for help. Problem is we're afraid to call animal control because we're afraid they'll put him down.

Any suggestions or help that will give this baby a chance will be greatly appreciated by Soncat, me, and of course this beautiful kitten.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Do either of you have a garage or somewhere he could be confined and safe while you find a place for him? Does he seem human-freindly? Maybe he's a lost kitten ... have there been any notices around? At that age, I am sure he is cute as a button, and the sooner he can get somewhere and be socialized more, the better!

I Dont Think That Animal Control Would Put Down A Kitten That Young Unless He Had An Obvious Illness That Would Prevent His Adoption.
    The Sad Thing Is Thatan Older Cat Would Be Pts To Make Room For The Little One. We Are Praying That You Can Find A Safe Spot For That Lost Soul.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Momcat

Call Animal Control and ask their policy. Where we live, the rescue groups come in and take from Animal Control pickups and they always take kittens, unless they are FIV/FeLV+. This is the best way to get him a loving home--through the rescue groups.

Also, Animal Control normally holds for at least a week so an owner can come forward. If for some reason no rescue group took him in, you could go back and get him.

Good luck and thanks for caring!
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Take a look at the Tabby's Place web site (http://www.tabbysplace.org/). That is a no-kill shelter in Ringoes, NJ. I don't know NJ very well so I don't know how close that is to you. But they could probably help you, perhaps even take the kitten, at least give you ideas of other things you might do and places and people you might check with.

Here's other contact information from their web site:

Tabby's Place
    1100 US Highway 202
    Ringoes, NJ 08551

Email: [email protected]
    Phone: 908 237-5300
    Fax: 908 237-5311

God bless you. Best wishes with rescuing this dear baby.

Pat

Check this place too! It's the one I see most on Google!

http://www.petrescueofmercer.org/aboutus.asp
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda