View Poll Results: Does your dog dig in your backyard?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 18.75%
  • No

6 37.50%
  • Sometimes

7 43.75%

Thread: Digging

Digging

My pup Max loves to dig holes underneath our bush tree all the time and Lad only does it when he has a bone he wants to hind from Max lol
    ~Labrador Luver~

My dog never digs. :] He's a good boy.
    The other two dogs dig behind the shed if its been raining.

No.. they are not allowed to.

he has designated digging spots- like under the slide he has a hole he likes to dig at when he gets spazzy.

Niņo & Eliza

Lacey never dug. Layla, we're working on her. She doesn't do it often, seems she knows how to pull my chain.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

None of them do so I count myself lucky for that.

Yes! I hate it! Rally was a bad digger. She dug up cables, pipes, bones, etc.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

None of my dogs dig.

We have terriers. Enough said. Our dog yard looks like a war zone.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Nope. I won't allow them to.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

My rat terrier had her designated digging area. ...and boy did she use it!!! (The only time she dug outside of it was to catch lunch.)

King only dug a couple spots in the shade under the bushes to lay in. (And in this one spot next to the house. Every dog that comes here digs in THAT spot to lay in!!! *sigh* It must be a really good spot. I won't ever punish a dog for digging, but i do try to re-direct their efforts if i don't agree with their choice... and next to the house is NOT where i want them digging.)

Koli only dug (in the previous stated no-no zone and) a time or two to bury a meaty bone.

I prefer to let dogs be dogs. if they want to dig why should i stop them? They just have to do it on my (alpha's) terms.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

None of mine dig. My min pin is the only one who ever wants to, but he's not allowed and he knows it.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla