Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Here Have A Sphynx Kitty??

Anyone Here Have A Sphynx Kitty??

I'm just curious if anyone here has a sphynx. I have a 2 year old male, MooShoo, whose personality I have never seen in a cat before.

He is very clingy (I don't mind at all!!) and loves to go for walks on his harness, rides in the car. He also likes to be held in your arms like a baby. He LOVES people in general and has worked in pet therapy because of his wonderful temperament.

I was wondering if anyone else with a Sphynx has experienced this kind of kitty personality with their bald dudes or dudettes?

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I guess not. To give you an idea as to what he looks like...here he is!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

I don't have a Sphynx, but i'd love to get one! MooShoo is beautiful!

Thank you! You are the very first person who has said he's beautiful. Usually they tell me he's either ugly or so ugly he's cute.

Twinkles is beautiful. She looks like she(?) has a great personality and gorgeous coloring. Can you tell me about her? I love to hear about other people's cats.

Yep, Twinkles is a She! She has the most unique markings, too. On one side it's peach, the other it's calico. It's so cute. And she has a great purrsonality too! She loves to sit out side during summer and just lounge in the yard. She loves people. She's always up on someones lap when she's indoors. She hates the carpet. If you put her on it, she flies about 5 feet in the air to the nearest purrson! And she loves Whiskas temptations treats. She is a pretty small cat, only weighs about 10 lbs. She doesn't get along with any of our 8 other cats except our baby kitten.

How could anyone say MooShoo is ugly? Just look at that face!

Originally posted by The Cat Factory
    ...How could anyone say MooShoo is ugly?... Just look at that face!
    His face is adorable, but are those tootsie-paws a dream, too?
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Why yes, of course they are

I don't have one, but I think they're wonderful

There is a woman on another board I go to that has one. I will pm you the address of the board.

I have a little book called 'Cats' by Yann Arthus-Bertrand and this is his cute tongue-in-cheek write-up about the Sphynx ...

"No, I'm not a four-legged bat, or a medieval gargoyle come to live ...Don't you like me? Do you find my nakedness indecent? Come, come, am I any more naked than you? You want to know where I am from? Well, I shan't tell you ... because I am a sphynx after all, so I ask the questions! Wouldn't you like to stroke my soft skin? It would be a change from fur! But maybe you don't like my wrinkles.

I'm actually a kind of Devon Rex, minus the fur ... which makes me all more of a mutant. In any case, those Rex cats are are just beginners at the mutation game, but I'm an old timer! I have ancestors on pre-Colombian engravings; scientists spotted me in 1830 in Paraguay and in 1900 in Mexico - and now that I'm being seriously bred, you'll just have to put up with me!"
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

10. I adore Sphynx cats!!!! I saw your picture of him and wanted to compliment you on him but for some reason the word "Sphynx" won't come to mind.

I seek them out at Cat Shows and would love to hold one (they don't let you -- understandable.) I also think the Devon Rex are gorgeous.

Guess I like cats with big ears!

She is very pretty!! I cant imagine anyone telling you she's ugly...how rude!!! That is really cool she is a therapy kitty, how do people respond to her? Where do you take her?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Sara,

When you go to a cat show, ask the exhibitor if they would mind you petting their cats. Most don't providing you ask first. I know when I showed MooShoo, everyone wanted to pet him, so I always kept a bottle of hand sanitizer on hand just in case. They feel like a warm suede hot water bottle. The Devon Rex is simply a Sphynx WITH fur. You wouldn't like those ears if you had to clean them 3 times a week! Because he has no fur in his ears to catch the dirt they get dirty very easily and quickly!

Noah's Mommy,

MooShoo loved being a pet therapy kitty. He loves being around people which makes it easy. We went into see a woman resident one time and she said how bad she felt for Moo because he had no fur. When I asked her if she wanted to pet him she said "Oh my no! There's nothing to pet!!" I was laughing so hard tears were streaming down my face. Gotta love the boy!

Originally posted by moosmom
    Noah's Mommy,

MooShoo loved being a pet therapy kitty. He loves being around people which makes it easy. We went into see a woman resident one time and she said how bad she felt for Moo because he had no fur. When I asked her if she wanted to pet him she said "Oh my no! There's nothing to pet!!" I was laughing so hard tears were streaming down my face. Gotta love the boy!
    How funny!! I think it would be neat to have MooShoo visit me!! I'd pet him!!!

When I finish school (in about a million years) I wanted to get a Lab to train as a therapy dog! I think it's such a cool thing to do!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Noah's Mommy,

I'm sure Moo would LOVE to visit California, especially because of the warm weather.

Moosmom - your Sphynx is exquisite. You must get a lot of attention when you take him out. I have only seen one first hand and that was at my vet. Someone had a female and was looking for a stud to breed her with. They are glorious creatures, I'd give anything for one. Perfect no shedding wonderful kitty. You're so lucky - your baby is so beautiful!!!!