Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: **PICS**Kitten with no back legs or tail**PICS**

**PICS**Kitten with no back legs or tail**PICS**

Someone brought a little 4-5 week old kitten to the vet clinic I work at the other day. This kitten was in horrible shape. The man told us that he found the kitten in his barn. Noticed it had no back legs or tail so he rushed it in. The vet asked the man if he was going to keep the kitten if we could save him. He said "well, if he's lived this long, why not." That's exactly what I wanted to hear! So we sewed him all back up and put him in a cage in the back.

This little buff colored kitten, that I've dubbed Trooper, is the happest lil guy ever! He just purrs when you love on him, meows real loud when he sees you, and is eating wonderfully. Unfortinatly, the man that brought this kitten in has failed to return to pick up the lil guy. I don't know what the vet will do if the man does not pick him up. I can't take him as my dogs would kill him. It would be amazingly hard to adopt out a kitten with a nearly $200 vet bill and such severe challenges.

I do have pics of Trooper. They are on my phone though. I go in tomorrow to clean cages and kennels. I'll take my camera along and get digital pics of him and post them.

UPDATE!!! I finally got my pics uploaded!!! Sorry it took forever! Last I've heard the kitten is still doing very well.

Lil Trooper in my pocket. His favorite place to be when he was at the clinic.

My lil buddy, Trooper.

The sutures. You can see he has no back legs or tail!
    Last edited by lute; 11-05-2007 at 05:22 PM.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

If You Got Get The Local Newspaper To Print A Story On Trooper
    And I Am Sure That There Will Be Someone Who Will Gave This Brave Little Cat A Great Home.

We Know That The Pet Angel Visitors Squad Is With Trooper Now Keeping His Spirits Up And Helping Him Be As Happy As He Possibly Can Be.

Trooper Sounds Like The Purrfect Name For That Game Little Fellow.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

OMG!!!! This poor sweet baby. What happened to him, that the vet had to stitch him back up? He wasn't born this way?

at the guy for not coming back to get this precious baby.
    I pray everything works out well for Trooper and some kind soul will adopt him.

I know this is wishful thinking on my part, but do you think maybe the vet would consider keeping Trooper as a little mascot at the hospital.

Please keep us posted on the situation.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

It sounds like he was attacked by something and had his back legs and tail torn off! How horrible!!! Poor little baby boy!!! I guess the man started thinking about all his injuries would involve and wimped out on the little guy! I'm wondering how the little guy will adapt ... using the litter box is going to be a challenge and keeping his backend clean. He will probably get sore from having to drag himself around too. I wonder if he could learn to walk on his front legs in a "handstand" like that other little kitty that was in the news? That would be awesome for him! Poor little fella deserves a chance! I sure wish I could take him!

Edit: Has the vet mentioned any details about his general health. Did the accident injure anything internally, what about his private area .... will his bowels and bladder be able to function normally? I'm just wondering how extensive his injuries were.

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Do you have a veteran's rehab hospital nearby? This kitten might be a perfect mascot for such a place, and the veterans would probably get some joy out of seeing the kitten grow and adapt. I bet he could use a little cart to get around ...

When my RB Peeka had to have her tail amputated (due to abuse from kids trying to skin her alive; they got all the fur off her tail and then broke it), my vet at that time said that he had to be really careful when operating so that he didn't hit the nerve back there that would render Peeka incontinent. He did an excellent job and Peeka lived to be 14 before she passed of acute renal failure. If this kitty can use the litterbox, the vet may be able to rig some sort of harness w/wheels for where his legs used to be. Poor sweet boy. I'm going to say some extra good prayers for this sweet one tonight. What in the world got ahold of this little guy?
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

The vet seems to think either a dog attacked him or a rat got a hold of him or a rat had maybe slowly eaten him when he was younger. We don't really know.

I was thinking of making him a lil cart, but I want to know what the vet will do with him first. I definatly won't let them put him down unless he just can't adapt. I think he'll do just fine though. If I must he can stay in a large dog crate until I can find somwhere for him to go. It would probably over load me right now, but I don't want him to die. He scoots himself along ok right now. When he eats his bottom goes UP in the air. It's pretty cute.

The lil kitten's general health is good. He can urinate and deficate like normal. I don't know of any rehab hospitols that would take him.

I might take Trooper's story to the news if his outlook is good and this owner never comes for him. Surely someone would be a suitable permanent home for him.

I'll definatly keep you all updated.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Oh, please do. I'm really anxious to see the pix. His story really got to me.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by lute
    The vet seems to think either a dog attacked him or a rat got a hold of him or a rat had maybe slowly eaten him when he was younger. We don't really know.
    OMG!!!! I feel sick to my stomach just thinking what this poor sweet widdle baby had to endure.

Bless you Lute for caring so much for this precious baby. I'm happy to hear that he has no problems going potty.
    Prayers on the way that he finds a suitable loving home, where he'll live a long happy life.

Thank you for keeping us updated.
    Last edited by rg_girlca; 09-08-2007 at 09:12 PM.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Thank you, Lute. It sounds like Trooper (perfect name) is doing just fine and needs to find his furrever home. Bless you for caring about him and looking out for him.

I don't think that first guy should get him back if he ever should show up looking for him.. Not even to call to find out how the little guy is doing is pretty cold-hearted.

Gosh, I wonder how Trooper would do here with my gang...

Pat

Poor baby. Thanks for telling us about him. I bet that if you do get the news involved that he'd be able to find a wonderful loving home quickly. I look forward to hearing more about him and also seeing some pictures of him too.

Please keep us updated and thank you so much for thinking of taking in this sweet little guy.

He prolly said he would take him in, so that the vet wouldnt just put the little guy down.

Quote Originally Posted by MyCatMowgli
    He prolly said he would take him in, so that the vet wouldnt just put the little guy down.
    That was what I thought too.

Love, Columbine

A also agree with that. He sounds the type that has barn cats that he offers up food and thats mostly it. I hope he at least gets them spayed and neutered, but I know a lot just dont. I hope to hear more about this baby and good news. Sounds like a fighter for sure.
    Emily with Snow, Cowgirl, and Chunky