Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uh oh, two surgeries needed in 1 week! *****Update #20******

Uh oh, two surgeries needed in 1 week! *****Update #20******

Oh dear........my vet is really going to love me this next week!

It is now time for little Taz to be fixed, so that will happen on Tuesday morning. He will be staying with them for 2 nights ( I keep telling him he is going to a spa for 2 days! ) He will be missed - even just for 2 nights. We have actually let him out of his room at nights, and of course you know where he is sleeping....with the rest of us!!! We are now back to 3 kitties on the bed with us. It took him a few nights, and hisses before he found 'his' spot on the bed, but all is well now.

Then Yoshi will be entering the 'spa' on Thursday morning for his tooth. He apparently broke off is right K-9 tooth, but the root is exposed and most likely is hurting him . So we have started antibiotics for him and while under he will also get his teeth cleaned! He also contracted a bad case of feline acne on his chin last week and we have been scrubbing that clean twice daily along with putting medication on. She thinks this may be caused because of the broken tooth.

Ok, I really think my vet will soon be taking a vacation from all the money we have been giving her these last 2 months!!

Let's see, it all started with bringing Taz home:

1) Taz' first visit, with blood & feces testing, first shots and the dreaded ear mites....

2) Then we treated him for ringworm......

3) Lucky went in for his anal glands

4) Taz's second set of shots

5) Then we treated Lucky for ringworm.....

6) Then we treated both of us for ringworm..... ok, she didn't get money from that!

7) Yoshi in for feline acene

8) Taz to be nutered

9) Yoshi in for dental work

Hmmm......I think I'm missing something, but you get the picture!! That should be enough $$$ for a nice cruise or something

So, send your good vibes out west for both Taz & Yoshi next week.....we are going to need them!
    Last edited by Catsnclay; 09-11-2007 at 02:39 PM.
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

I Know What You Mean As 4 Found Cats Have Been In The Last Three Months.its Not Inexpensive But I Know That We Will Do Anything For Our Cat Companions.
    We Know Your Friends Will Repay Us In Love Purrs And Cuddles.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Oh yeah, with the amount of money I've spent on cats in the last several years, I could have a second vacation home, no kiddin'. But it's what we do, right? Prayers going out that your furkids will be just fine......
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Vacation?? What's a vacation??? LOL! I think only the vets and the regular doctors know what those are!

Exactly. I think my vet calls me Ms. French, as in Riviera.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Yup, I have been in the same bot lately with my two, and the 5 fosters. I have seen the vet so much lately it is just scary!! Oh well, at least his kids will get to go to a nice college thanks to me!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

GOOD LUCK YOU TWO! Prayers from NC.

Ps- Vet bills are NO fun, but hey, its all worth it in the end! Once they are gone, we would do it over in a heartbeat for one more moment with them

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

I don't mean to be a downer on the topic however has anyone ever actually seen the bills that come in at a vet hospital? I can't even comprehend the staggering amounts even for simple things like utilities, let alone the bills for normal supplies and the pharmacutical bills.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Bunny, I can relate to all of the vet bills and to seeing the vet so often. I hope that both Taz's neutering and Yoshi's teeth cleaning goes well. Will Yoshi need to have his broken tooth extracted? Please continue to keep us updated about your boys and give them all come pets and kisses for me.

Kevin & I cringe at the thought of what we've spent in vet bills between our own, and the park cats. We figure what we don't know won't hurt us (except the pocketbook)hahahahaha.

Good luck to both the boys!! They will do just fine!! Keep us posted.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz
    Will Yoshi need to have his broken tooth extracted?
    The tooth actually broke off and I stepped on it and the root exposed, boy did that hurt!!

So I really don't know when it came out. Then a day or 2 later I stepped on something else (you would think by now I would learn to wear shoes ) and that turned out to be one of Taz's baby molar's!

The vet was surprised that I actually found teeth, like she said they usually get sucked up in the vaccum and no one knows anything about them.

When Lucky went though that Chylothorax a few years ago, Tim told me to stop adding up the bills........I stopped when it reached $7,000.00 - but he was worth every penny of it!! He is now playing like a big kitty, but we are enjoying every minute of all of this!!

Yes, we love them and will do anything for them and their health! After all, they are my children!!!!!!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Prayers on the way for Taz and Yoshi.

I hope all goes well for the both of them and that they have a full and speedy recovery.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Well tomorrow morning is the morning for Taz......

I have to bring him in and he will stay for 2 nights OMG! I am going to miss my little boy!!!! He has just begun to sleep all night with me, by my side and it is comforting!!!!

And then on Thursday morning I have to bring in Yoshi for his surgery!! We will be down to one kitty only - all day Thursday!! Poor Lucky! He is either going to sleep the day away, as usual or pace around looking for Taz & Yoshi.

Then Thursday night I will have two babies that will need extra TLC.

Taz isn't even gone yet and I am already missing him!!!

Please send your thoughts over this way for Taz tomorrow!!!! Thank you!!!!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Bunny, I'm sure that everything will go well. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent their way.

Prayers going out now but I'm sure all is well.
    Blessings,
    Mary