Thread: One random pic

One random pic

Here is a random single picture of me with my favorite dog at work. Her name is Tehya (the huskie in the background is Boshka and I forget the name of the boxer puppy). She is supposedly a "native american indian dog" but yeah I read up on the breed and I don't really buy into it. Either way she looks so amazing to me.

Her ears are large and remind me of a wild animal. Her face has a permanent "Dont mess with me" look to it. Her body is really lean and her coat is deceptively soft. I really like cupping my hand on the top of her head and running my hand all the way down her back to her tail. She is very intelligent and also really good at various commands.

She knows all the basics (off, come, sit, shake, down, stay). She also is good at "touch" where she leaps up and touches her nose to your palm. She also knows spin, speak, over, and "time out". When she's misbehaving and I tell her "time out" she immediately trots to the same crate and waits for the door to be latched.

She had been suspended and I was afraid she'd be kicked out, but her parents are working with a behaviorist and she's been allowed to return after a 6 week hiatus.

She is really beautiful!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Oooh... she is so pretty! Thanks for sharing.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

She's beautiful. I can see why she's your favourite!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

She is a beautiful girl. At first I thought she was at a shelter, but I guess you must work at a day care place (?). I am glad to hear that she has a family that loves her enough to work with a behaviorist in order to make her a welcome girl wherever she goes. It sounds like she is a very special girl.

heya ginger's mom. yeah I work at a doggy day care place. I love working there and I do my best to care properly for the dogs entrusted to us. I think I work at a great place. I have some other pics of cool dogs I work with, so if anyone wants I will post more of them.

Aww! What cute puppers!

It seems like the NAID is a legitimate breed.

http://www.indiandogs.com/index1.htm

ooh weinis rubber thank you for that link. It was rather informative. Perhaps some breeders, such as the founder of the breed registration, are good. I have a feeling this Tehya is a coyote hybrid though. She's has so many resemblances to a coyote that I can't get past it.

Honestly, she's a trouble maker and it takes all my attention to watch over her and the rest of the group at the same time. I pride myself in being able to safely monitor her and everyone else without major incidents occuring. The one day she bit me was an exception.

If you ask me, she looks more like a New Guinea hunting dog.

http://www.pbs.org/previews/nature-dogs/

(remind me to remove image after 48 hours.)

Quote Originally Posted by ratdogg
    ...I have a feeling this Tehya is a coyote hybrid though. She's has so many resemblances to a coyote that I can't get past it...

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Indeed...her and her brother (Especially Arrow) look so much like Star, only more slender. She's a beautiful dog!

Thank you Wolf_Q!