Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm back home from hospital (but still very much in pain)

I'm back home from hospital (but still very much in pain)

First of all, let me thank you for all the prayers, thoughts and wishes in Tenna's thread! I'm glad that I'm finally back home! Being greeted by my beloved girls was wonderful, even though it breaks my heart to turn down Luna's wish to sleep on my belly... I wish I could make her understand why that's not possible at the moment.

I'm still very tired, and - sort of - depressed; I don't know why. Maybe it's because I'm so much in pain since yesterday! The first days after the surgery were much better, and I'm afraid I walked too much on Thursday (when I heard the news that it was NO cancer, I was so happy that I had enough energy to walk into the park around the hospital, and I even walked stairs... BIG MISTAKE, for now I'm paying the price for it, and can hardly move. Last night, they even had to give me painkillers, which make me feel very tired today.

On the Friday morning, I was kind of shocked when the senior physician told me that I was one of the rare cases where these tumors were detected in such an early state that they haven't become cancerous (and I hope they did not overlook any cancer cells!!!). She actually said I'm the lottery winner at her station, because usually it's already too late for the patients when they have noticed something's wrong. So she told me life obviously has still some plans for me, and that I should be grateful that my gynekologist found this last week, and sent me to hospital.

I know I should do a happy dance now, but right now, I'm still kind of shocked how close it was... It's such a scary thought!

Another thing that made me upset was that I learnt I have two myomas in my uterus, and a bad case of endometriosis. The removed a lot of that endometriosis stuff from the outside of my bladder and my inner pelvis. I really wish they had removed my uterus as well. Not only that I'm tired of all the bleeding and the pain, but if the myomas grow, I'll need another surgery sooner or later, and I also feel that my bladder problems would get better without that endometriosis ****. At times, I need to go to the bathroom 4 times in an hour, and that's utterly annoying and doesn't allow you to live a normal life!!

Will write more the next days, when I'm feeling better. Just thought I'd let you know that I'm back home!

BTW, has anyone here heard from Pawla? How her surgery went and how she is doing?

Kirsten
    Last edited by Kirsten; 09-02-2007 at 01:50 PM.

Kirsten, I'm of course glad to hear it wasn't cancer. Now, be sure to relax and get a good nights sleep, even though Luna can't sleep on your tummy, you can still enjoy cuddling with her and Lily. I'm sure you'll feel better tomorrow when the good news has sunk in.

Take care!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

So glad to hear you're home with your two private duty nurses

Speaking from the experience of several surgeries over the years, each day will be better than the one before. The pain will decrease, until one day you will be pain free. Honest.

So glad to hear that you are back home. Now let those furry nurses make you feel better.

HUGS! Gentle.

I know what you mean - Oscar would want to even WALK across my tummy, and my hand would automatically go in protection mode!

You had all that endo, and myomas? Maybe once you heal up from this, you can see what to do about further treatment!

Below are some "Checkpoints" from Hystersisters.com Even though you did not have a hysterectomy, you might find these really helpful in terms of what you might expect - and how you know when you are doing too much!

http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/view_postop.htm

http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/view_postop34.htm

I couldn't lift my furbabies for a month..."nothing over 10 lbs(4-5 kg)" - and they ARE!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am glad you are home again. God Bless You!!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

so glad you're home. rest up, sleep well, maybe with a pillow on your abdomen to discourage the kits and get better soon
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace
    So glad to hear you're home with your two private duty nurses

Speaking from the experience of several surgeries over the years, each day will be better than the one before. The pain will decrease, until one day you will be pain free. Honest.

Grace said it correctly. You WILL get better and better each day, but also be prepared for the "good" days, then you may have a day or 2 of "bad" days to follow.....it is normal!

I have been reading and keeping up with everything, and I am SO glad that they found this in time. Be grateful that you have a doctor with a good eye!

I am happy that you are home now and in the best company of Luna & Lilly

......and I know they are extremly happy to have their mommy home!

Heal well.......
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

It's good to hear that you're home now.You've had quite an experience
    but now that it's done, just relax, rest & feel better soon.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kirsten, I'm so glad to hear that you're now home. I hope that you'll start feeling better each day and will make a speedy recovery. Please rest, relax, and just do as the doctor says. Please take care.

Glad to hear the good news Kirsten. Always a down period after surgery, don't worry you'll be up and about in no time with good news like that.

I'm glad to hear you're home, Kirsten, and all is well. I know you're going to be like a new woman in no time.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Welcome home Kirsten and with good news too I hope the healing progresses well and that you are able to feel better soon. Your girls must be so happy to have their mommy back
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

I am so HAPPY to read that you are now home, dear Kirsten

I wonder if you could put a pillow over your belly and then let Luna sleep on top? That warm pressure might even feel good. I think I might be inclined to keep a pillow on anyway...to avoid tensing up anytime a kitty or anything else comes near.

Please keep us updated - I appreciate it very much. Tenna was so GREAT about posting

Kirstin~ You've been through such an ordeal, and we're so glad that you are HOME FREE and on the Mend!!!!

Wishing you a All the Best!!!
    Rest in Peace Corinna~ Well Never Forget You~

I"VE BEEN FROSTED