Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm back home from hospital (but still very much in pain)

My sister lives 400 km away from here, and my mother has her day off, and they're out. And I cannot pay people for coming over and help me.

Just looked at the incisions, and one of them (the biggest one) looks really bad. It's scaring me!

Kirsten

You mean...your health insurance won't cover any kind of home care? OMG.

If it covers an ambulance, you might want to seriously consider going to Emergency.

Why you weren't given antibiotics is beyond me!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh, Kirsten, I hate to second guess a medically trained person, but one would think that you would have been given antibotics in a situation like this. I know when you are in pain it is hard to even think. I'm inclined to agree with Catty, a trip to the ER might be in order. At least that way another doctor would have an opinion on how is should be treated.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Kirsten I am sure there is a doctor on emergency service. And your mom must come home at some time. Can't you call her one her mobile- I really think you need someone at home right now.

I would go to the ER.
    I cant believe a doctor would release you knowing there was no one there to help you out & not sending an antibotic home or pain medication is pure stupidity on your doctors part.
    Please call him and get in his face, you need help and fast.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Sorry that you are still hurting.Can you maybe call whoever brought you home and tell them what's going on? I am very surprised they gave you no
    RXs to take home.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kirsten, I'm so sorry to hear that you're still in so much pain and that your incisions are also infected. Please call someone to come over and help you. Can a neighbor help you?

I also can't believe that you weren't sent home with any pain meds and that now that your incisions are infected that you weren't given any antibiotics. I think that if I was you that I'd also consider calling a doctor or even going to the emergency room. You really shouldn't be home alone right now. You need some time to heal before doing any normal daily activities. Please take care.

My one contact in Ansbach didn't work out, but I PM'd a lady on the Hystersisters board who is from Germany, and put out an ABP in their Europe section and in the general post-op section...I hope someone replies soon.

Maybe her mom is there....maybe she is at the hospital?

If anything happens to her, the family should sue! Sorry, I am just angry about the lack of follow-up.

I think that Dr should have his testes removed and left to fend for himself for a number of days without painkillers! (Sorry, I am NOT being nice right now... )

I hope Kirsten is ok....

Kirsten is going to see the gynaecologist today as her condition hasn't improved - in fact it seems to me the infection's gotten worse. Her doctor just gave her painkillers and an ointment yesterday. I told her to insist on a scan and/or blood tests today and to be properly medicated to fight off the infection.

Just spoke to her on the phone, and if Kirsten's not online later, I'll keep udating you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    Sorry, I am just angry about the lack of follow-up.
    Welcome to the world. I spent almost 10 hours waiting to see a doctor after having problems with a surgery I had in May just a few days after it was done.

Follow-up is an absolute joke.

I really hope you are doing better, Kirsten. I can only imagine the pain and stress you are in right now. I'll be praying for you!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Gosh, I'm just so sorry to hear this

Prayers headed your way Kirsten.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

UV - thank you! I am glad she is seeing the gynecologist.

I also had a reply from a person the paster in Ansbach knows - she is fluent in German, and emailed me her phone # to give to Kirsten. I PM'd it to her.

She(Clare) also said that an antibiotic ointment is quite common, and that drs tend to be a bit cold about things.

This woman lives far away, but can phone the local Caritas or church there. I KNEW a woman would understand more!

They won't try to 'church' her, but if one or two people can help her out, that would be great.

THANK YOU, Clare! (the woman who wrote!)

Things are looking up on all counts.

PS - BCMom - I just would have thought they were a bit better in Germany...guess not always.

She was in the hospital and was examined (ultrasound) by a doctor who told her everything is normal. The pain is from from over-stretched abdominal muscles apparently, and the infection is a reaction to the sutures and it is not something to worry about...that's what she was told.

Good to hear...now, if someone could be there for a few days, to stop in and help, that would keep the muscles from being over-stretched. It is so easy to do that in the early stages.

I hope she feels better soon!

Thanks for the updates, UV!

Wow...

THANKS to Candace and Uniqueviking for all you are doing for Kirsten.

Prayers for Kirsten that this complication will be dealt with properly this time and her pain and suffering relieved.

Love from Pat and the cats