Thread: Bodoni

Bodoni

Poor Kitty; I'd be feisty too if I felt that nobody wanted me! I'm so glad you found a permanent home with someone who really loves you. See, it's great to be an older adoptee, and kudos to your owner for doing so. Owner: don't worry about no outdoor access; that's why she's lived so long; no outside dangers to encounter. She won't miss what she's never had. One last thing: there's NO such thing as a calico WITHOUT attitude, for some reason. Must be because they are so pretty that they CAN get by on looks alone! Enjoy your special day together.
    Barbara

Suggestion for Bodoni

Bodoni's a beautiful girl! I'm glad she has found a caring home.

In Bodoni's site it was mentioned that it appeared Bodoni wants to go outside but it is too dangerous. I had that dilemma with my cat Buttercup. However, one day she was wanting out so badly I told her if she'd get in the cat carrier, I'd take her out and she didn't waste any time jumping in. Since that day, EVERY day, she wants an outing. So to make it easier on myself, I purchased a pet stroller (I saw them on Amazon and eBay and then a friend told me PetSmart has them). Buttercup LOVES hers. But, be warned, once she realized she can go out every day for a walk...Her Highness expects it. But that might be a suggestion for Bodoni if she wants out. She might enjoy a stroller. (But I do have one other cat who doesn't "do" strolling.)

Thanks for sharing Bodoni's story.

Sweet Bodoni!!! Your story made me sad to think that six people did not appreciate what a wonderful cat you are!!!! However, it seems that you have found the very best forever home!!! Where you are appreciate for who you are, fiesty and fun!!! I will add that it is best you stay inside where you are so safe(esp at your senior age). When I looked at your photo, I thought what a cute YOUNG calico!!! You do look a day over five years old!! Many more good years to you Bodoni!!!!!!!HAPPY COTD!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Lady Bodoni, you are beautiful and I enjoyed meeting you today. My kitty doesn't go outside (we live on the third story) but she LOVES to sit by the open window. I'm glad you have your person who takes such good care of you! Happy Pet of the Day!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Bodoni you are beautiful!!!

I can't imagine why no one wanted you! I'm sure glad you found the purr-fect loving home and family now!!!

My 4 cats stay inside all the time too. They love watching out the windows at all the birds and critters out there. I love knowing they are safe from all the dangers out there.

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our special Cat of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What a pretty, pretty girl you are, Bodoni! Such a lovely shot of you posing on your beautiful blanket I too was heartsick at the thought of you being passed along from family to family, 6 times, until finally, your found your forever home! I'm sorry you had to wait so long but it sounds like your Mom is more than making up for all of those sad and lonely years! Thanks to your proud Mom for sharing you and your touching story with us! I hope you're enjoying a very happy, fun filled day of celebration, sitting by the window and soaking up the sun, being loved to pieces! And who knows, maybe your Mom will give that kitty stroller a try! Congratulations to you beautiful Bodoni, our extra special and most deserving Cat of the Day! Hugs and kisses to you, sweetheart!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Bless your heart, Bodoni...

...and that of the loving human who took you in. My California Calico Princess, Julie, who was at least 15 years old when she crossed the rainbow bridge after giving me over eleven years of joy, is looking down and purring out her love to you both right now. Long may you soak up the sun's rays on your beautiful blanket of many colors.

My sister, Dr. Cynthia Cole, took this picture of Julie in the summer of 2001:

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=681543
    MARTHA and Chloe
    My Sweet Tortie Posy
    (and a real Nosy Parker to boot)

IN MEMORIAM 3-29-07
    Julie the California Calico Princess
    "I'll be seeing you over the rainbow..."

Yeah, Brooklyn!

She looks so much like my cat Prudence who died last year. I live close by in Manhattan. Prudence's mom was a stray who was rescued but she had feline leukemia. We loved Prudence so much, but she was very feisty also. We sometimes called her the slasher.

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SENIOR CAT YOU ARE BODONI , BUT WE KNOW THAT YOU HAVE TO BE SMART AND TOUGH TO SURVIVE THOSE STREETS UNTIL YOU BEAT THE ODDS AND FOUND YOUR PURRFECT FURR EVER HOME.
    THE FOUND CATS SEND AN EYE OF THE TIGER MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW TO YOU, TOUGH BUT SWEET BROOKLYN BODONI OUR NEWEST CAT OF THE DAY.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Hi. I'm Bodoni's guardian & I just found this page. I wanted to thank you all for your kind comments & appreciation. I never knew Bodoni had been Cat of the Day back in August. Something must have gone wrong with the notification email.

It's funny, when I sent in the picture & story, most of my friends thought I was crazy to think Bodoni would be picked for Cat of the Day. They were sure so many pictures were sent in that there wasn't a chance, but I always felt certain she'd be chosen so I was surprised when I never received an email about it. Then one day in January I was googling around for the font Bodoni (I named the cat after the font) & came across the Cat of the Day page. I was so happy! It was great to see Bodoni again sitting in the sun on my quilt.

I still miss her. Bodoni died a few days before Christmas, of kidney failure. She was 15 & a half. I'm glad I was able to make her last years comfortable & happy. I know the woman who gave her to me loved her too but she was moving in with her boyfriend who was allergic to cats. It's odd - I ran into her on the street the the day after Bodoni died. She was really sad too. She had called the cat Shmoo but I knew that wasn't her right name. She was Bodoni.

I thought I'd never have another cat. Bodoni was the first & last. But soon I found myself looking at craigslist where people had put up notices of cats who needed homes. There are so many unwanted cats in New York City. I saw an ad for two cats in a shelter who looked scared huddled in a small cage. The ad said they were bonded & should be adopted together. I thought having two would be good so they'd have company when I was busy or not at home. When I went to see the cats they were very quiet & passive. One was sneezing. They both seemed sad & demoralized. I found out they'd been at the shelter for 5 months.

I took them home & called them Bialystock & Bloom (after the characters in the movie The Producers). It's been great to watch them get healthier & more active. They seem happy to have so much space & run all around the apartment playing chase with each other. Bloom is an orange classic tabby & Bialystock is a small delicate all-black cat with a very short tail. He might be a Japanese Bobtail. They are both about 7 years old & both male.

I will always miss Bodoni but now I guess I've become an official Cat Nut. I can't really imagine life without felines. Thanks again for your comments.

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful Bodoni; it's a terrible, wrenching experience to lose a cat.

But it's good to know that you've brought more cats into your life; Bodoni would love it.
    Leonard Migliore

Wow, thank you, Leonard. I didn't know if anyone would even see that post, the thread is so old.

All the best to you,
    Shardrol

That's so nice that you finally saw your beloved Bodoni's Cat of the Day page. I'm so very sorry for your loss. What a wonderful, special, beautiful cat!

That is wonderful that you have opened your heart and your life to two more kitties, Bialystock and Bloom. Bodoni smiles from the Rainbow Bridge to see you all together.

Hugs and purrs,
    Pat, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, and Priscilla Angel who loves to hang out with Bodoni Angel
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thank you so much, Phesina.