Thread: Duffy 12-2-1996 to 9-01-2007 (Pic Added)

Duffy 12-2-1996 to 9-01-2007 (Pic Added)

I did not know Duffy personally, but he lived with my boyfriend for about four years. When he and his ex-wife divorced Duff went to live with her and he kept his sister Boo. I feel as though I know this cat through the stories I've been told, and I definitely know how very hard it is to lose one that is loved so much. I received this email from my boyfriend's mother, it's from his ex-wife, and I thought I'd share. RIP Duff Man. Play hard at the Bridge!
    Duffy Watson
    "Lord Edgar Duffield"

12/2/96 - 9/1/07

Last night my best friend and feline companion died. Everyone that ever saw Duffy loved him and fell in love with his personality. Duffy brought much joy, laughter and happiness into my life over the last 10 years and I will miss him more than you can imagine. I am grateful I have worked at home the last 6 months and I have been able to spend lots of time with him, as he was always by my side (and sometimes on my desk) while I was working. Yesterday he spent time outside in the back yard and on the porch, just enjoying his lazy cat's life. Duffy loved being outside, sleeping in his cardboard box, greeting each person that walked through my door and to maintain his 22 lb figure...eating! Of course, being a British Shorthair cat, he also had an air of snobbery about him and demanded to be treated royally, with several people referring to him as "The King." Duffy was a great cat that lived a great life. As I said good night to him last night at the Animal ER (not knowing it would be the last), he looked at me with those big copper eyes and softly said goodbye.

Rainbow Bridge

(Author Unknown)

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
    Last edited by Pawla; 09-11-2007 at 09:32 AM.
    RIP 03-05-07 Ellie

Aw, poor Duffy and his meowmie! Rest peacefully, dear furbaby.

I wonder what happened that he was at the ER? It is more sad when it is unexpected.

Delight in the Bridge, Duffy, and play again!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Rest in Peace Duffy.

From Decker with Love

Duffys Such An Extra Ordinary Cat And We Know That Hes Having His Dinner Now At One Of Calabashs Sea Food Restaurants.
    I Know That El, Almond Roca Baton And Family Were There To Greet Duffy And Show Him Where The Good Places To Eat Are.
    I Know Duffy With His Good Looks Wont Be Alone Too Long Theres Always A Cat Angel Lady Looking For A Good Cat Companion.
    And Duffy Will Be There To Greet His Dear Meowmie and be reunited.
    One Fine Day.
    Last edited by catmandu; 09-04-2007 at 05:43 PM.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

RIP Duffy boy.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Unhappy

Sleep softly, dear Duffy...
    Nine is Fine!!

"Lord Edgar Duffield" will certainly find entertainment to his regal level at the RB. Play and have fun, Duffy!