Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What should happen to Michael Vick?

What should happen to Michael Vick?

I say ten yeras for his part in this horrible Dog Fighting Ring.
    Ten yeras with no chance of parole. But being a rich athelete he may get a year in minimum security. I hope the NFL bans him but they are too afraid. I hope that punishment somehow fits the crime.

All the 50 Pit Bulls are Pet Angels now and touring the USA. Its a shame they cant use Vick as a chew toy.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I think that he needs to pull years of community service, working with shelters and rescues. he needs his stupid eyes opened up to the real world. He needs to spend every waking moment working with these poor animals. Such a sad excuse for human being he is!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

I agree with what John Stewart said, "Dump liver over Vick, throw him in a pit with a couple of dogs then lets see if he's as fast and elusive as he thinks he is"

I also agree with critter crazy!!

I didn’t realize the dogs taken from his property had been put down. RIP pitties I'm so sorry you ended up living the life you did. I'm going to go give Ebony a great big *hug*

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Quote Originally Posted by Jadapit
    I'm going to go give Ebony a great big *hug*
    One for me too, please and also for Jada and Diamond
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I thought I read on the internet that Vick was suspended from the NFL indefinitally without pay. Serves him right. I also read that although as part of his plea deal he would only be going to prison for 12-18 months, he is being charged with another scentence that can go up to five years in prison. Also that the judge who is over his case in known in the lawyer world for being a very stiff judge who gives criminals the stiffer scentence and he isn't one to be swayed by popularity.

What he did to those Pitties just made me so mad....hopefully his football career is over for good. What a role model for young boys...

And sadly, because of him, the Pittis reputation just went down a notch as well...my history teacher was certain that the reason the Pitties had to be put down was because not only were they trained to fight, they are such vicious animals anyway. RIP poor little Pitties.
    ~My Clan: Blackie, Rose, Chloe (dogs), Casey, Dameon (ferts), Pheobe (kitty), Dot, Louie (Cavies), Joey (Teil), Pikachu (Dwarf Hammie), Sadie (Guide Dog), R.I.P. Rush (15yrs), R.I.P. Lucy (4yrs)~

I herad that on the news that those Dogs were up for adoption but naturally people were afraid of adopting what one fellow called walking time bombs.
    Those Dogs are now Angels living the Good Life touring Viginia now with the Pet Angels and they are waiting for Vick on what will not be his
    One Fine Day.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.

IMO... he needs to be banned from the NFL for life, spend the max time behind bars that he can be sentenced for and donate TONS of money to the shelter/pound that had to seize the dogs and send them to the bridge. I wouldn't want him to donate his time to a shelter; goD only knows what he would do to the dogs that he came in contact with.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Hit him where it hurts, the pocketbook

I suggest that he do community service along with a huge fine. The fine should be dedicated to Pitbull rehab only. I don't think putting him at the front desk of some SPCA isn't going to do much for anyone.

Let him play football. I don't give a hoot. But make him pay, pay, pay.

Remember, he is not OJ. I know what he did was just horrible. He killed animals, not people. I think the crime is one he can pay for easily by writing many, many checks and supporting the breed to the positive and not the negative.

This is my opinion, it doesn't make me right!
    Last edited by sasvermont; 08-30-2007 at 07:49 AM.

Jail, at the very least. I hearn on NPR thte other day the max is 5 years. I want him to serve it ALL. Fines don't make any difference when you're rich. He said in public he was sorry for all the kids who he dissapointed, the kids who saw him as a role model. How about the DOGS you KILLED??? Are you not sorry for them? Maybe he doesn't understand dogs have feelings. He needs to go to some sort of remedial camp or something, that or just throw him in a lion pit and see how he likes it, if he makes it, that is.

Sorry for the rambling, as you can see I'm pretty upset.

Niño & Eliza

People or Dogs we are all creatures of Our Lord God and the penalty should be the same.
    I think he should be suspended for life but the Atlanta Falcons dont as so much is riding on Vicks arm. I have a feeling that somehow theres a pit bull owner angered by Vicks turning states evidence who will get revenge.

Well, most of what I could think of is too good for him.

I like the pay, pay , pay for pittie rescue, and for the shelter which had to deal with those poor dogs. Couldn't have been easy for the folks working there!

Out of pro sports of ANY kind for life.

Maximum sentence; though we mostly all agree the sentences aren't strong enough for animal abuse.

The dogs are still alive. I know Best Friends, out in Utah, had asked to help evaluate. And I just read this article in USA Today -

ASPCA animal-behavior consultants to evaluate dogs seized from Vick property

By Zinie Chen Sampson, Associated Press Writer

RICHMOND, Va. — The government has asked animal-behavior experts to evaluate the pit bulls seized from Michael Vick's property in southeast Virginia to determine whether the fighting dogs can be adopted or should be euthanized.
    The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals will lead a team that will assess the dogs confiscated in late April in rural Surry County, federal prosecutors said Monday. The suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback pleaded guilty Monday to a dogfighting conspiracy charge and faces up to five years in prison.

Based on ASPCA evaluations, the consultants will make recommendations to the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the U.S. Attorney's office. U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson ultimately will decide what becomes of the animals, which are being held at several unspecified shelters in eastern Virginia.

The evaluations are expected to take about three weeks.

"The public can be assured that careful consideration will be given to the ultimate disposition of the dogs involved in this matter," the U.S. Attorney's office said in a statement.

But animal-welfare groups, including the Humane Society of the United States and People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, have said that pit bulls bred and trained for fighting typically are, and should be, euthanized because they pose a danger to other animals and sometimes people.

In criminal dogfighting operations, dogs are usually tested for aggression, fighting ability and continuing to fight when hurt. Those that don't perform well - and might become acceptable pets - are killed. Vick and his cohorts executed dogs that didn't measure up by hanging and drowning.

"Every effort should be made to make sure that every animal can be saved is," said Ann Chynoweth, director of the Humane Society's animal cruelty and fighting campaign. "But again, animals that are bred and trained for fights are too aggressive to be put back into the community."

Dog sanctuaries, which are scarce for fighting animals, also would deprive the pit bulls of a real life, Chynoweth said, because the dogs must be kept in solitary confinement.

Federal prosecutors filed court documents last month to condemn 53 pit bulls seized as part of the investigation into dogfighting on Vick's property. No one claimed any of the dogs by Thursday's deadline, and prosecutors said Monday they plan to ask Hudson this week to enter an order declaring the dogs U.S. property.

The civil complaint does not name Vick and is separate from the criminal case against him. But it states the pit bulls were part of the dogfighting operation known as "Bad Newz Kennels," which Vick and three cohorts operated.

If Vick goes to jail, I can just picture the inmates ooooing and aaaahing over him and putting him on this pedestal.

I think he should get 5 years in jail (without parole) and 5 years mandatory community service (I think 1,000 hours per year - that's 20 hours a week). And I think it should be at a humane society. I'd like to see him pick up dog doodoo for 5 years.

He should NEVER be allowed in the NFL again.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

If I said my idea, I'd be banned from Pt.

I think everyone has some great ideas for Vick's punishment. The main thing I want to see is a lifetime ban from owning ANY animal for him. He does not deserve any sort of animal companionship - EVER.

Lock him up and forget he's there.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21