Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I had an Endometrial Thermal Ablation ... any input?

I'm glad you called the doctor, Kim. I did find that using the heating pad helped me. I was having severe back pain, too. I hope that you'll be one of the lucky ones once this pain ends.

I hope everything turns out ok with your biopsies, Logan!!!
    Everything was fine. Thank you. My doctor was being extra cautious because of my sister's endometrial cancer scare earlier this year. She had to have a radical hysterectomy in January. She is 48 years old. I had just stopped having a period and he did not think it could be menopause (too young, no other symptoms), but that's exactly what it is. The 2nd biopsy was because I started bleeding and had severe cramping at the beginning of this month and did so for almost 2 weeks, but again the biopsy came back clear. I have to face it, I'm just getting old! LOL! Neither my mother or my sister were able to go through a natural menopause, so I had nothing to compare to. It hit me at 44. I can live with that!

You take good care of yourself. And give Kenny a big hug from his Auntie Logan, please.

I was supposed to have that done, but ended up having what they call the roller ball. I had a polyp on my urterus that he had to remove , so I had to go in the afternoon before my procedure and have what the nurse told me was some sort of seaweed put into my uterus. I know sounds wierd, I thought she was joking at first. That was to dilate my uterus, and was very uncomfortable and I cramped all night from that.Turns out, it worked too well and I was over dilated, so the normal ablation thing wasn't going to work. He told me it would take up to 6 months before I woud l know if it it really worked and about 4 months after I got excited, my cycle was very short and very little cramping. Well, it's been about 9 months and I'm almost back where I started to begin with. It's time for my yearly exam, so I will be telling him that I'm still having problems. I cramped after the procedure for about a week, then I was ok, but the bleeding lasted while, but don't I think it was 90 days.
    I do hope you fall into that lucky catergory, not all of can be so lucky!!!

Kim, I'm sorry that I just noticed this. I also never heard of this procedure and all I can say is "OUCHIE!!!"

I hope you are feeling better today and everything will be better for you from here on in.

Take care and take it easy.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Kim, are you feeling any better now? I do hope so!!!!

My niece had it done years ago and said it was by FAR the best and wisest thing she ever did.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I'd have one if I were covered for it! I've been anemic since the 1980s. But I'm just an HMO grunt. Meanwhile, I recommend generous quantities of high-quality chocolate!

Love, Columbine

Quote Originally Posted by columbine
    I'd have one if I were covered for it! I've been anemic since the 1980s. But I'm just an HMO grunt. Meanwhile, I recommend generous quantities of high-quality chocolate!

Love, Columbine
    Columbine, I only have Kaiser Insurance which is an HMO and I only had to pay $100 for my procedure. It's a lot less expensive than getting a hysterectomy because you have the procedure and then you go home later the same day. You should really look into what it would cost you.

ablation

Quote Originally Posted by kimlovescats View Post
    I had a thermal ablation this past Friday for Mennoragia. After a 14 day "cycle" and months of irregularity and pain, I was happy to get something done about it! I was in considerable pain afterwards and pretty much stayed knocked out on Lortab both Friday, and Saturday. I had to take another at bedtime last night. Today is day 4 and I am still having some cramping. Has anyone had one of these, and do you remember how many days you were in pain? I just want to be sure that I haven't gotten up too soon and caused any problems.

Thanks,
    Kim
    Hey! We had a ablation on the same day! You stated last Friday, which would make it 8/21. That is when I had mine. I am still having discomfort and now some bleeding. My doc said my pain was do to the Fibroid tumor they found. We are hoping the ablation will fix the fibroid along with the other problems I have had. Plus I just read, on a web site, it can take up to two weeks for the pain and cramping to go away. Lets just pray all of this will be well worth it in the end. Good luck to you!

Oh, welcome kat, but Kim's was actually 2 years ago! But maybe she will see this and let you know how long it took her to feel better.
    I've Been Frosted