Thread: Couple of gerbil pics + Flossie vid

Couple of gerbil pics + Flossie vid

Hey all,

I realised it has been a very, very long time since I last posted some pics of the gerbils. I took a couple of them this morning before my camera batteries died on me, so there's not too many. Although I fortunately captured Flossie's first video before whilst they were still going.

The gerbils are all doing pretty well; Nightshade's adapted well to living as a single gerbil. She's actually quite a lot brighter in herself and is a lot more active than she used to be. Twilight and Ebony are good too, they did have a fallout not so long ago (which was a scary moment, with me thinking I'd be separating them TOO) but seemed to have resolved whatever differences they had and peace was swiftly restored.

So, first up, Nightshade! Back in Foxy's old cage, in which we housed the gerbils as babies. She loves having all the extra space.

Her eyes seem so much wider for some reason, could being on her own cause her to rely on her vision more or something?

Here comes trouble - Mizz Ebony.

Ebony on the left, with Twilight, looking for treats!

My beautiful Twilight girl.

And here's Flossie, having a whale of a time running up and down the stairs.

NOTE: Don't worry, whilst shooting this vid, I was within arms distance of her at all times. If she strayed a little too far, I called her back. My mum was standing just to the side of the stairs too to make sure she didn't try to slip through the bannister. In short, she was perfectly safe at all times.

Hope you enjoyed!

Zimbabwe 07/13

Gorgeous as always Love the vid
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

Huge AWWW for the Flossie vid!

Niņo & Eliza

Your little ones are way too cute! Flossie sure seems to enjoy playing on the steps.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Too cute! They seemed to enjoy their momentary fame! I have just one question: How do you tell your black gerbils apart from each other?

I'm guessing she just knows from size and shape and personality.

Niņo & Eliza

Yup, Eva's right. When I first had them, I pretty much went off the patterns of white on their front paws, as each gerbil has their own individual pattern. Of course, now Nightshade is separated, so it's obvious who she is. Twilight is much bigger than Ebony, who is the runt, plus Ebony is a lot more sprightly and bold in personality.

The gerbils, and Flossie of course, send kisses!

Zimbabwe 07/13